xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

newbie quesiton about demerit of many queries

hello. i have installed nearly 15 hacks in my ipb 1.3. after then, 2-4 queries increased.[ 11 queries used ] in main index.[ 15 queries used ] in topic view.I just hope nothing bad can happen with increased queries.can anybody tell me what's demerit of using many queries?it can whirl my bandwidth or system memory? :? thx.

imho queries won't affect your bandwidth,but they can cause bigger load to your database(but that depends what those queries do - those 11 could be faster than 9 old-ones)

this topic should be posted at the tutorials area

What are you taking about?

imho queries won't affect your bandwidth,  

but they can cause bigger load to your database(but that depends what those queries do - those 11 could be faster than 9 old-ones)

It will effect your bandwidth but not much. 15 Queries is no problem I THINK.

this topic should be posted at the tutorials area

What are you taking about?

imho queries won't affect your bandwidth,  

but they can cause bigger load to your database(but that depends what those queries do - those 11 could be faster than 9 old-ones)

It will effect your bandwidth but not much. 15 Queries is no problem I THINK.

Why do you think it will affect bandwidth?

Database queries are executed on the same server as scripts, so there is no outgoing data, only localhost connection to the database.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Database queries are executed on the same server as scripts, so there is no outgoing data, only localhost connection to the database.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I am correct, for every user the 15 queries are made and that info is sent to users computer. So a bit more traffic.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I am correct, for every user the 15 queries are made and that info is sent to users computer. So a bit more traffic.

As I understand - queries are made on server, after that all gained data is formed in HTML and then transfered to user(this affects bandwidth, but not queries).

And you can't say that 15 queries transfer a lot of data, because it is possibe that script doesn't output information to user(all bandwith here will be HTTP request - only some kilobytes) :P

In the same time, script with no queries can output static HTML which size might be even some megabytes.