xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
truvu17

Visual Basics 6 Installation Problem

Hi folks, I have VB6 and when I tried to install it, it pops up with saying shell.dll was not found and that installation cant find that specific file or other files to install VB6. If anybody know whats the problem, please let me know. Thanks.

I've checked some search engines and come up with nothing. Have you installed the previous VB Runtimes? Other then that, what system are you using, and are you using an alternitive shell?

it was probably a bad install i install it a while back and everything worked fine, so i have never experienced that problem, but i think that it a bad install. So my suggestion is just reinstalling it.

hi, I have't this problems yet. Which version is the OS of your computer?I have installed it over win95, win2000, win2000 w/sp4 and winxp w/sp1May be media damage, may be hardware problems.Would you mind list the hardware settings of your computer?

One thing you could do, as already said is to download the VB runtimes. They can normally be found by searching the web. This will normally come as an exe which installs dll files and registry entreied (i belive) which make VB run. This might not be a 100% solution but its a good step to try first of all.Is it a new disk you bought from a shop or some other form (eg free download etc...)? if its a brand new disk from a shop then it might already have some runtimes on the disk so you could try looking inside the disk.