xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

best cms

I am wondering what CMS in your opinion is the best. Please just don't say that php-nuke. I heard that typo3 is much better. Write here your suggestions.

You have bad experience with php-nuke or you just want to test something different?I use Mambo from some time. It's great to manage, but not everything is that simple to modify as it is in php-nuke... Not too much options or modules for it...Is it the best? Not sure - i have some errors in script (perhaps it's my fault :D ).Good for news.

I think CMS are very good when it comes to creating a site instantly especially if you're not that good in HTML or PHP. Personally, I do not use CMS because it's very hard to handle especially bugs and a problem when you want to integrate it in your desired design like inserting it in a frame and having the links outside of the frame content. That's why I'm using only simple membership script where members can signup and post on the forums and PM each other.

I think CMS are very good when it comes to creating a site instantly especially if you're not that good in HTML or PHP. Personally, I do not use CMS because it's very hard to handle especially bugs and a problem when you want to integrate it in your desired design like inserting it in a frame and having the links outside of the frame content. That's why I'm using only simple membership script where members can signup and post on the forums and PM each other.

right, ready made CMS are not good when it comes to integration to current site, but if u are starting then u can build ur system around the opensource cms easily.

if you are dedicated enoguh u can integrate the "old site" to the cms keeping it's design...actually it's easier to modify ONE template, instead of modifying as many pages as you may have....And the problematic scripts with frame and all of that.. it partially true... not all cms's are like phpnuke (nuke won't even allow tables... in some cases).. that's why i recomend u to check out the Simple CMS available at the link i posted before

If you are hosted at FNH, go to Fantastico. There are quite a few CMS to choose from. Install them and test them. Then select whichever you like.I know it is a long process. But asking everyone will get you nowhere because everypne has their own opinion.Personally, I don't use CMS since I never quite understood how to use it upto its full potential. :oops:

When it comes to easy installation my first choice is Xoops but many of the modules get released before being fully developed and tested so its not convincing enough to use them on live sites.

I like PHP-NUKE Platinum the best because like the original it is easy to mod, change, and there are lots of stuff for it.