xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Legal Stuff

Sorry but this was the best forum I could find to put this discussion in. Please mvoe it if you feel another forum is more suited for this discussion.Anyway, I've been working on my website, and I've come to a part where I am showing that I use a Canon Powershot G5 camera. I was wondering, since Canon is a company, do I need to put anything on page like Powershot is a trademark of Canon or something like that? Also, I have created some graphics for my website, and I am wondering if I need to put copyright or anything on my page to say i created the graphics. One more thing, one of my banners uses a section of a screen shot of this program, and I'm wondering if I need to put anything on my page concerning that.THanks for help, I really want to have a legal website :Dskyglow1

Anyway, I've been working on my website, and I've come to a part where I am showing that I use a Canon Powershot G5 camera. I was wondering, since Canon is a company, do I need to put anything on page like Powershot is a trademark of Canon or something like that?

if you use or display the name or logo, yes you do

Also, I have created some graphics for my website, and I am wondering if I need to put copyright or anything on my page to say i created the graphics.

first you would need to copyright them

One more thing, one of my banners uses a section of a screen shot of this program, and I'm wondering if I need to put anything on my page concerning that.
THanks for help, I really want to have a legal website :D

skyglow1

this, im not sure about

Anyway, I've been working on my website, and I've come to a part where I am showing that I use a Canon Powershot G5 camera. I was wondering, since Canon is a company, do I need to put anything on page like Powershot is a trademark of Canon or something like that?

if you use or display the name or logo, yes you do

Also, I have created some graphics for my website, and I am wondering if I need to put copyright or anything on my page to say i created the graphics.

first you would need to copyright them

One more thing, one of my banners uses a section of a screen shot of this program, and I'm wondering if I need to put anything on my page concerning that.
THanks for help, I really want to have a legal website :D

skyglow1

this, im not sure about

So for the part of the canon name or logo, do you know what specifically I should put? Like at the bottom "Powershot is a registered trademark of the Canon company" or something with maybe a special tm sign or something?

I would need ton copyright them, does that mean I have to go to some third party to copyright my images then I can put graphics by skyglow1, copyrighted or something?

Thanks for the help

skyglow1

the best way i know to word it is "Powershot and the Canon logo are registered trademarks of Canon Inc." and make the cords Conon Inc link to their site, as for your copyrights, you could best due that through the US Copyright Office http://www.copyright.gov/ if you live in the US, otherwise check for the copyright office for your country

Thanks heaps man! I'll do exactly that. I can't be bothered about doing the copyright thing then, I'll just let people use my graphics if they want :Dskyglow1

Thanks heaps man! I'll do exactly that. I can't be bothered about doing the copyright thing then, I'll just let people use my graphics if they want :D
skyglow1

But there is something called Intellectual Property Rights... look it up!

Thanks heaps man! I'll do exactly that. I can't be bothered about doing the copyright thing then, I'll just let people use my graphics if they want :D
skyglow1

i'm not 100% sure in this, but i believe you can copyright all the images you use in a website (along with everything else) in one shot, since i think it counts as 1 published work, like the pictures in a book are under the same copyright as the text is

if you copyright your graphics no one could use them without your permission :D you just need to add a info saying that graphics are copyright by you :Dregs,