xisto Community
iGuest

Green Day

They stepped out with American Idiot too much for me. I am a religious Green Day follower, with every one of their albums, but it's really hard to take everything on American Idiot seriously when the bands name is based on a period of 24 hours when they almost died by getting high on marijuana.

I think before American Idiot they were fun and cool but they jumped on the "political message" band wagon and this one is too serious and sucktacular to compare to the old good stuff.

green day rock, i like most of their songs but my favourite song would have 2 b holiday on their new album, which the single is released sometime this month

Im listening to Holiday right now! It is a good song. And the album i like more and more i listen to the album.They play in manchester U.K this week i Might see if a can get a ticket.

I like them, specially hitching a ride. What a great band and a great song :) If you like them try Gold Finger, They are really good too in the same genre :) 99 red balloons :)

They stepped out with American Idiot too much for me. I am a religious Green Day follower, with every one of their albums, but it's really hard to take everything on American Idiot seriously when the bands name is based on a period of 24 hours when they almost died by getting high on marijuana.

100511[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA!!! No dude, no one has ever died of marijuana (meaning, can't overdose - that's impossible with weed). Marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol, tobacco, caffiene, or even asprin. It's a hell-of-a lot less dangerous than any of those designer drugs (the ones you see on tv these days) that have become so popular.

Anyways, it's not of any suprise if Green Day or any other band use ganja. It has a great impact on the way the brain operates while the user is high, allowing for great creativity. That's why so many musicians (among other artists and thinkers) use it, among other drugs. But what's unfortunate is that not the drug, but the person, can have a problem by not being moderate with their appetite for their recreational drugs. Many drugs can have a tendency to change a person's life, and usually it's the law that ruins it. Marijuana, though, is the least harmful of them all. You can easily research this online or in a library and learn that it is less harmful than legal drugs such as those I've mentioned above. So, if you have trouble taking Green Day seriously because of this simple thing about them using weed, perhaps you should reconsider your prejudice. To be anti-marijuana (supposing that you think it's dangerous in some way) requires that you are also are anti-alcohol, tobacco, caffiene, etc.

100511[/snapback]

I just read in a magazine that Green Day changed their name to Green Day after Billy Joe heard some guys on a college campus using the term to mean something like spending the day smoking pot.

Where did you hear that ridiculous rumor?

I hate them! Everytime I turn on the radio I seem to hear Billie Joe's Whining voice! :lol: I much prefer hardcore and street punk :rolleyes: