xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

so how do i launch the site

1. Get all files ready

2. upload them to your public_html directory probably by using FTP. you can reach your sites ftp by the following addresses:

ftp://freenukehosting.comftp://yoursubdomain.freenukehosting.com|   choice!ftp://yourdomain.com                             |   choice!   ftp://216.32.75.234
once you've uploaded them, simply go to yoursubdomain.freenukehosting.com or http://www.yourdomain.com/ and everything should work :D

Monkey91 are you uploading your own phpnuke installation or using fantastico?

i have uploading three files into /public_html

and for sandman:

allright, here, i have everything the way i want it and i try to goto the site by the url (not the cpanel) wich i would thought would of been http://forums.xisto.com/ but it gives me the error that damn inet error that the page connot be found so i thought the site had not been launched if it has been launched then where is it? if it hasnt been launched then how do i launch it?

Monkey91 since your new to phpnuke maybe until you learn a little more about it,you should consider using fantastico to launch your site. "Fantastico is a PHP web application services installer" meaning it installs the whole site for you. If you go into your cpanel there should be a icon with a smilely face,click that and it will take you to a menu under content management you'll see a list of different web portals you can use to build your site. I'm asumming you want to install phpnuke so just click that,when the new window opens click the new installation link. Follow the rest of the directions from there. One more thing delete the three files you uploaded to your site before you do any of this. ONLY the three you uploaded nothing else. Post back to let us know how your doing.

i have uploading three files into /public_html

I cant see anything but the default files and folders?
It would be a good idea to have an index.html file to stop any Tom,*BLEEP* and Harry from browsing your folders.

Monkey91 since your new to phpnuke maybe until you learn a little more about it,you should consider using fantastico to launch your site. "Fantastico is a PHP web application services installer" meaning it installs the whole site for you. If you go into your cpanel there should be a icon with a smilely face,click that and it will take you to a menu under content management you'll see a list of different web portals you can use to build your site. I'm asumming you want to install phpnuke so just click that,when the new window opens click the new installation link. Follow the rest of the directions from there. One more thing delete the three files you uploaded to your site before you do any of this. ONLY the three you uploaded nothing else. Post back to let us know how your doing.

I got same problem and I've already deleted the public_html folder I tried to restore it but it doesn't work I couldn't restore it. Is anybody can help me?

yea... my account was supposed to be set up a week ago but there is still absolutely nothing in it... nothing, no file whatsoever, no folder, just nothing in the file manager. do i have to make my own public_html folder or what?...