xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Need Honest Vote.

Well, I'm making a gfx site and I still don't know what should I install...phpbb or phpnuke? give some comments if possible..I hope you guys read this topic and vote ASAP..

I voted the 3rd choice because you can get a lot more creative, and unique, people know a phpnuke site when they see one, but making your own layout and having a separate forum page you can go anywhere

I've chosen 2nd variant. I think that Php-nuke is a perfect CMS, that gives plenty of abilities for admin! And more and more add-ons and modules appear and appear!

I don't think you should have gone with PHPNuke. Think about this for a second. You are making a graphics design site. You want your layout to be your own work, you want it to be flashy. You want the layout to have a professional first impression. If I see premade templates on a graphic design site, I wouldn't see that as professional, nor would I look into what they offer.In other words...Make your own template and your own PHPBB skin that match.

I don't think you should have gone with PHPNuke. Think about this for a second. You are making a graphics design site. You want your layout to be your own work, you want it to be flashy. You want the layout to have a professional first impression. If I see premade templates on a graphic design site, I wouldn't see that as professional, nor would I look into what they offer.
In other words...

Make your own template and your own PHPBB skin that match.

Yeah, I can agree with it, but look: he can use phpnuke, but create his own skins to make the site look professionally

I voted for the 3rd option, but just because I don't phpnuke: it's just too slow. I use a custom site layout + vbulletin forum software: it works fine!

I don't think you should have gone with PHPNuke. Think about this for a second. You are making a graphics design site. You want your layout to be your own work, you want it to be flashy. You want the layout to have a professional first impression. If I see premade templates on a graphic design site, I wouldn't see that as professional, nor would I look into what they offer.
In other words...

Make your own template and your own PHPBB skin that match.

Yeah, I can agree with it, but look: he can use phpnuke, but create his own skins to make the site look professionally
Yes, but it's still PHPNuke.

he can use phpnuke, but create his own skins to make the site look professionally

Well, he sure didn't. He prolly doesn't know how