xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sjc

Quick Question

i'd like to buy a video card for my computer.how do i know if i have an agp slot? i am told agp cards are much better.my computer is almost 2 years old, pentium4, 2ghz, 512 ddr ram

i'm allmost sertain that you have AGP slot...but you can take a look:take a look at your motherboard...in the botom there are 5-6 smaller slots, and above them is one bigger - thats the AGP slot...if there are only small slots, then you dont have AGP slot..

sjc... check out your previous thread on this:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/943-question-before-i-buy/

i thought i asked that question before just didn't think it was on this forum.and james, maybe i gave the impression of being someone who knows a lot about computer hardware when i asked if i had an agp slot, i guess someone could have gotten that impression.sad fact is, i don't know who makes my motherboard, i didn't know there were "models", and i don't know hwo to find out