xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Memory card problem on computer

Nope.If that was the problem, I wouldn't even be able to access the card contents.I still can copy stuff into the card, but its risky because I already killed one card. Data copied from the card to pc get corrupted, and there is also that problem of appearing invalid content and filesize on the card. And also the problem of not possible to format it on the computer and consequent card kill if try.They are very expensive, cannot keep trying diferent ways. It has to work the way it is supposed to. I believe its an windows issue, but can't find any info or solutions anywere on the internet. :D

Sniper. I hate to suggest the obvious, but from reading your combined post, I think it could be a problem with the adapter. Maybe you could borrow another or get it tested somewhere....Just a thought.

No, sandman... cannot be. The TransFlash card comes with an SD adapter. The killed card and its adapter got switched for new ones, and they work the same way. It could be the card reader, but it works with other card types... I'm really thinking about buying a specific card reader of the mobiles brand. But it is expensive, and if it is a windows issue, I get myself a useless expensive device. :D

Does this card conect using a usb interface if it does check that the usb interfase is turned on in the computers bios. If it uses a comm port make sure it is turned on in your bios. If it is none of these make sure you have enough resources to asign to the card reader. does it need an irq?Let me knowTom

Well, the problem shouldn't be that low level. Even if it is, the card reader cannot be configured manually on bios, etc. It is an USB interface and USB is enabled on my computer, yes. It auto installs/configures the first time it connects to a pc running an Windows OS with USB support. The card reader may need irq, and a lot of other handlers for memory and stuff, but it's all worked on background by windows, hidden from users. The only thing you need is enabled USB on windows. It does works well with other cards type, so it shouldn't be a configuration problem.My guess is that windows have some issue dealing with data tranfer for some memory card types. This card isn't standart either for the card reader or the windows, but it becomes standart compatible if using its adapter. So it may be also a card reader problem dealing with the memory card thru the adapter, but I have no way to try it with other card reader brand.Thank you!

Solved.Somehow my card reader doesn't work well with that kind of card. I'll get other card reader. Strange it works with other cards...Thank you all.

You might want to try moving it to software, I won't move it because it fits here also. But people in software and most likely going to be able to help with this computer software problem :).

It isn't a software problem at all. It could be, I was unsure. But if you read my last post you'll see it's an electronic device (memory card reader) problem.Also, no need for further help, as I said in the last post the problem is solved. Just need to get a new card reader, recent edition one.Hasta.