xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

video out

for christmas i got an GeForce FX5200 and it has a video out jack on it.i was wondering if anyone knows any programs to use a TV as a "moniter", to display pictures and stuff.i cant find any.

You should be able to use your tv as a clone display with the the supplied software. I think all you have to do is check the advanced options for the desktop video properties.

The best program I found for controlling video out is remote slector this program allows you to control the out put and macrovision also. Tv tool is another good for controlling specific card functionsTom

I have video out on my cardsnormally the device driver software from the card manufacture has the controlls you need.some feature may not be available on your operating system.I use xppro with no probs.I can use either tv tool or the display properties controls to turn this feature on and of or run both at the same time.I suggest you get the latest drivers for your card from the manufacturer. If you have the drivers the features should work. TV Tool which I had to buy from some guy works great with these types of video out puts and works with all cards. I you get the lastest drivers there should be no reason why you cany use this feature if you os supports this.Some cards have to have a video or tv conected before you can turn the feature on or off. The card will sense the cable and allow the contols to become active.Let me know how you goTom

i use the video out on my laptop to plug dvd's onto telly's/ or watch videos to watch them on a bigger screen, theres not so much you can do apart from that... i dont think