xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

File Manager

I put a file in public_html then I wanted to update it, so I uploaded the updated file (same name) and tried to put it in the same folder, you know, to update the file. But it said a file by that name already exists. So I tried to delete the old file but I couldn't figure out how. And then my brain exploded.

Stop being idiots, you idiots.

I put a file on my server. Lets call it file.fle. I put it up and wanted to edit it, but I couldn't see how to access any files in the folder public_html which the file was in.

So i uploaded a new file.fle and tried to put it in the same folder as the old one. It wouldn't let me.

"Cannot move file.fle: /home/mywebsite/public_html/file.fle already exists."

So I want to know

a) how to edit the file

:D how to over ride the original file

c) how to access public_html to edit/remove/delete etc. files I have put up there.

:roll: I was clicking on the word "public_html" and it was giving me some BS about some stuff. Then I clicked on the corresponding picture of a folder next to the word "public_html" it let me do lots of happy happy things.Thankyou for your help guys, now I am thouroughly embarrassed. Goodnight.

Have you all tried shutting up!

I dont mean to be rude but I thought it was clearly obvious that I found out how to fix it

So leave me alone!!