xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

what's the best data recovery software for NTFS..?

I found a program a while ago which could rewrite previous partitions, and it worked a treat, for ntfs too... problem is i cant find it on my pc anymore lol. Damn!I wish i had it again :D

thanks sandman, u can send it to me to rapco@spymac.comI'm colecting as much programs as i can.. i've got:VirtualLabR-StudioActive@ UNDELETEDIY data recoveryOntrack data Inc. Easy RecoveryGetDataBackZero Assumption Recoveryuntill now... please keep advising me!!!thanks!

deleting files in windows doesnt really mean deleting it. the data is still there.if you replace it and then delete it then the data is really gone and can never be recoverd... so why isnt it being really deleted?

deleting files in windows doesnt really mean deleting it. the data is still there.if you replace it and then delete it then the data is really gone and can never be recoverd... so why isnt it being really deleted?

When windows 'delete' files it doesn't really delete them. They are still
there and can be easily recovered. Windows just delete the first marker
of that file, so it knows that it can re-use that space. The rest of the file
is left intact, so it's just a matter of replacing that marker!

thanks sandman, u can send it to me to rapco@spymac.comI'm colecting as much programs as i can.. i've got:
VirtualLab
R-Studio
Active@ UNDELETE
DIY data recovery
Ontrack data Inc. Easy Recovery
GetDataBack
Zero Assumption Recovery
untill now... please keep advising me!!!
thanks!

I would add another utility in the list of data recovery software is Stellar Phoenix FAT & NTFS - data recovery software helps in recovering your all important data lost after accidental format, virus problems, software malfunction, file/directory deletion, or even a sabotage!
Provides Partition recovery from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 file systems. Performs NTFS recovery on all IDE, EIDE and SCSI disk devices.