xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

SUPRNOVA CLOSED!!!

For two years, SuprNova.org maintained the largest BitTorrent community on the Internet. Literally millions of individuals each day would traverse this BitTorrent site looking for the latest releases. Although SuprNova was not a tracker, it did provide thousands of Torrent links to a multitude of movies, games, images and music. Today, the millions who called SuprNova home are now facing the grim reality that SuprNova.org no longer exists.

SuprNova.org's fall comes shortly after the demise of other key BitTorrent and eDonkey2000 link sites. Last week, the MPAA and other world wide copyright organizations began to clamp down on ShareConnector, Youceff Torrents and many others. While SuprNova.org was not forced off line, the administration was definitely feeling the pressure.

Sloncek, administrator of SuprNova.org said about its closure:

"SuprNova.org was more like a hobby that took most of my free time away. And now with current situation, there?s too much pressure and I don?t have the time for it."

Considering that administrators of smaller, although no less significant, communities such as ShareConnector were actually arrested, Sloncek decided to take SuprNova.org off line voluntarily. This will allow him and his fellow administrative staff to concentrate on other projects without worry of prosecution.

While the ability to trade information was a key reason for the success of SuprNova.org, the community will remain intact. SuprNova.org's forums and IRC network will remain online. In addition to keeping the community functioning, it will also allow the SuprNova.org administration to relay any addition news and information. The following statement is all that remains on SuprNova.org:

Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up! But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it. We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links.

We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about SuprNova.org. It is a sad day for all of us!

Supernova is still running its irc channel and its forums at http://www.suprnova.org/

here are some other bittorrent websites that you can use sice suprnova closed down:

REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Yea...I know....but thanks for the large info...just about couple of days after I download a movie "Les Fil Du Vent"(I searching everywhere)....it shut down...P.s-Are FNH allow Bit Torrent discussion?

hmm... torents r legal but content some ppl use it for is not legal... so i guess discussing about it is legal... but your comment about that movie is not on place.. couse im shure that movie DL is not legal :lol:hope my explanation is not so confusing :roll: and about that links... if on those pages r only legal stuf then its ok.. but if there is even 1 illegal thingy there... its not allowed to post it here ... couse that is link to site with illegal content :D... heh :lol:

The sites you listed contain illegal files. I'm editing them out.And yes, I think we allow torrent discussion, as long as it isn't about illegal files. It should be what's happening in the news with torrents and such.

it's a pitty Suprnova went dead. I used to get a lot of stuff from that site.And no, torrents are not illegal.

Correct. Torrents are perfectly legal. However, 99.9% of torrent activity is illegal.

Yeh i just saw that today, i was kinda hit by the sudden-ness of it that i stared at the site for yonks. For such a big site to go down...but with all the stuff they had on it...it was bound to close down sometime >>...