xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

MP3 question!

I would like to sign up for free hosting on this site. But, I have read that you are not allowed to host mp3 files on your website (if I should be so lucky to get the hosting).. My site would be about my city's underground music scene, about few bands playing metal and hardcore music.... These bands are 100% underground, non-comercial, they don't make any money and play for traveling expences..I would like to put their songs in mp3 format for dowload...Would thet be posible?

As far as I know, mp3 is (or was) allowed at FNH, but you must have written permission of the authors of the music. Just send them an email.

You could probably ask them directly, it sounds like you know them. So after a show, ask if they would like to be hosted on the net by you. Then if all goes well you might get to host them.

I am talking about 3 bands. Those 3 bands are made up of 8 people..:lol: I am a part of one band and the 3 people that are in my band play in the other two bands as well.. So, I'd say I know them...:DI am a co-author of the music and there is no problem from our part, just the permission of the hosting provider to post the music up there...

I dont know how to check with the bosses upstairs. That was just a thing I said.But, you havent applied for hosting, yet, have you? So while you're filling out your application write in "I will have MP3's of my band, and other local bands, I have their permission for the songs" or you know something like that. Then they will definately know for sure who you are, that you are hosting these files and, um, yeah cross your fingers.

I dont know how to check with the bosses upstairs. That was just a thing I said.
But, you havent applied for hosting, yet, have you? So while you're filling out your application write in "I will have MP3's of my band, and other local bands, I have their permission for the songs" or you know something like that. Then they will definately know for sure who you are, that you are hosting these files and, um, yeah cross your fingers.

I applied and was granted hosting..

I dont know what you mean.But if you fill out an aplication, like normal, and state you will be doing all this, then you can ask them to PM you if they have any concerns over the content to host, maybe?

Sorry I didn't see your reply, we must've dont it at the same time.

But um yeah, maybe wite all over your site in clear, easy to rread letters

I HAVE THE PERMISSION. THESE ARE NOT ILLIGAL

and so on and stuff.