xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mizako

Mail Backup With Mozilla Mail

Hi,I use Mozilla Mail. I download all the mail and save it in my local folder. I have a lot of mails around 1000. I want to back up all my mails and burn them into a CD. All the mails go to a local folder where they are saved into a msf file and a file without extension. For example Sent.msf and Sent for my Sent Folder. I do not know i have to copy only all those files and that would be enough. I mean i would have all my mail in 9 big files but Would I be able to browse them again with Mozilla Mail or anther application. Another alternative is to copy mail by mail with a txt extension but i would take me too much time. If any of you back up Mail and have any suggestion it would be appreciated. mfg,Sergio

try [du -h .mozilla] or some similar hidden folder. You should find out where your mozilla profile is on hdd. Copy that one, and try to simulate one recovery just to be sure.

First of all, SORRY for not replying in long time to this thread. It is long is storie and a lot of excuses you do not deserve to hear. I located where my mozilla mail profile is. You define it in edit/Mail&Newsgroups settings. Basically as i told in the first mail, mozilla stores all the mail (of an individual folder of your local folders) in two files. The real mail (i mean the from, to, body, subject... stuff) is stored in the file without extension. So, i am able to backup all the mail. If you do not believe edit it with your favorite editor and you will find it. But later i am not able to simulate a recovery. I mean until now i did not find any way to import all my mail into anohter mail client. Such us thunderbird or whatever. If anyone know how to do it, please tell me. Right now i am stack in the mail client of mozilla 1.6 because i am not able to move into another client importing all my old mail.