xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

L & L Designs Jewelry Website

Wow that background gives me a headache! I like your banner, but do something about that background.... A business site should be nice and easy on the eyes. 8)

The background is not good, use pure white or something instead. Secondly, the colors of the forums are really not matching. THe whole website looks messy, this here and there and everywhere doens't look organized.skyglow1

Actually I wasn't asking for opinions on changing the forum colors...LOL geez, everyone is so quick to say what they think...I meant what do you think about making a forum into a website.....but seriously I don't change my selections for my website based on forum replies. I change the background alot...and I am trying to make a good winter theme. I personally liked the background....which one are you talking about as I change it alot, the ice cycles, or the snow flakes? Usually I have it just a solid color. I think it is just fine, it is NOT messy, a forum board is full of links, so it does look a bit different from a purchased domain, I suppose. I actually decided against building a different site, as I like the one I have. I like blue, so I think all shades of blue look fine together. And whizz I do not know what runs under the bed is supposed to imply....please elaborate... The text you can't see, is meant to not be seen actually...just ads from proboards.You all sure are encouraging.....LOLDon't quit your day jobs! j/k :D Seriously though guys they way those opinions flew so quickly, you all should consider jobs as critics! The ability to break something down seemed quite good. :D

"Amazing how people cannot accept that they are poor as designers :D "

Oh you're so funny... :roll:

You know actually I am not a web designer. And I don't have alot of time for it anyway, full time mom, and wife here!! :D I am using a forum for my website for the fun of it(I liked the way it looks, and you can see users online in live time)...and also I was new when I posted this, and stupid me I did not realize it was a thread to have others critque your site...my mistake, I was thinking it was just to share your website. So sorry if I seemed defensive to anyone who did comment honestly to help me, because I just thought you all were being kind of mean, and I didn't know why...LOL So sorry I didn't read the thread properly...probably just read it wrong, having one of those days you know! :D

But seriously Eliza, since you think it is so funny, show me something you have designed...I'd love to see your expertise on the matter, rather than just getting a smart alec comment about it. :wink: :D

if you clean up the top thing above the forum, like not line everyting out on the right as it is now, ok one thing is in the middle , but i mean make it more compact and fix this :arrow: img]http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png :mrgreen: and make the background blue a bit less eyehurting 8) , it can be an ok site. also dont get so upset. building critizism is a good thing. use it!! especially if you wanna sell something online it has to look proffesional, and this is far from that. full time mom of three and wife here too ,so thats no excuse at all! :roll:

a few other tips to improve the professionalism of the site.1) get rid of the counter, no one really cares what number visitor they are, and they arent accurate under even the best of circumstances2) you only need the "verified by paypal" logo once, get rid of the top one, keep the bottom one3) webrings are more for vanity sites, not businesses, it makes it look like its run by a teen

if you clean up the top thing above the forum, like not line everyting out on the right as it is now, ok one thing is in the middle , but i mean make it more compact  and fix this  :arrow: img]http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png'>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png :mrgreen: 

and make the background blue a bit less eyehurting 8) , it can be an ok site. also dont get so upset. building critizism is a good thing. use it!! 

especially if you wanna sell something online it has to look proffesional, and this is far from that. 

full time mom of three and wife here too ,so thats no excuse at all! 

:roll:

Well I was saying I don't WANT to spend my time 24/7 on the computer, and this business crap of mine is just a hobby, so I really don't care like you all do. I spend time with my baby more than the computer. I know that img is messed up, I was putting it on last night, and I forgot about it, and then it was late, and I didn't care...LOL haven't had a chance since then...and probably won't til later. So do you have a site MOO? If mine is so unprofessional, can I see yours? I don't really care if it is still unprofessional looking, as it is a constant slow work in progress, like I said before I don't have alot of time to work on it.

You know if you read my post from earlier today, you would have read that I said I didn't realize this was a critizing thread before I posted until just now, so i apoligized for getting ticked, but then you come along and make it worse. I really did not care for the phrase

"full time mom of three and wife here too ,so thats no excuse at all!"

:roll:

...what a twit..I didn't ask for your opinion on personal matters of my life. I don't say mean things to you about yours. That is one of the things I hate so much about takling on forums. You try and be friendly and have fun and learn, and you have alot of know it all computer geeks rattling off at the mouth when you never said anything to invite such comments in the first place. I am up for critism if it is trying to be helpful, and not just demeaning someone. The comments that are unneccessary are the ones saying "man you suck at web design", and comments like that....it is supposed to be a thread for helping them fix problems, and not pointing out obvious things that have not been fixed yet like stupid "http://forums.xisto.com/ links....duh, I'm not an idiot. Usually people who point out others flaws so mercilessly do not have an self confidence of their own. Oh and by the way I think I will trash that icon you made for me. I thought you were a nice person, didn't know you were this way. How old are your kids by the way? Mine is 21 months old....HANDS FULL, HANDS ON...computer comes dead last, as well as websites...my husband has a GOOD job, so if I don't sell something off of my "hobby" website, I don't think I'll get really tore up about it. Sorry to pop your bubble on that one...looks like someone needs to take some time off of the computer and work on their people skills, and playing nice with others. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Most of your post could be taken fine by me, but the thing that got me so steamed at you MOO is that ending sentence in your post....that was just none of your business, as you do not know how hectic my life may be, and you had no right to make such a statement to anyone you do not know...and the eyeroll just made it even more certain that you were just being flat out mean....geez :roll: :D

a few other tips to improve the professionalism of the site.1) get rid of the counter, no one really cares what number visitor they are, and they arent accurate under even the best of circumstances
2) you only need the "verified by paypal" logo once, get rid of the top one, keep the bottom one
3) webrings are more for vanity sites, not businesses, it makes it look like its run by a teen

I want the counter actually, I like seeing how many people have been there in a day...not for others enjoyment, just mine. Most websites, even professional big wig ones have counters.
As for the paypal icon thing...never really gave it much thought, and don't really care about it.
And the webring I keep because I get alot of hits to my site from it...I have a thing where I can see where my hits were referred from. How do you know I'm not a teen? I'm 22 actually, but all of the web rings I have seen are run by adults...mostly in their 40'-50's....
The only bad thing about these types of threads, is you do not know who you are getting this "advice" from....for all I know you are all 13 year olds, because the things most of you are concerned about in your advice to me sound kind of like childish/teenish concerns. :D So for further postings, if any of you have any advice that would actually be worth something, like would actually help, and not be only about others personal color choices, and background choices, please do not post, because I am not interested in that stuff.
Could all of you who have posted to me about the stuff listed above let me see your sites, or sites you have designed(if any), so I can see your choices in real visual?