xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dizilluziondmasokist

Pop Punk Backstreet Boys with Mohawks

What do you guys think about the current punk music out there. As a punk, I am offended by it. Some bands are even claiming the title of pop punk. To me this is very ironic, considering that pop goes against all of what would be considered "punk" to begin with. The current bands, you know which I am talking about, sing about the same exact stuff that girl and boy bands sing about. Their dress is not even original. It seems like more of a beuaty pagent then anything. But that is my opinion. What is does everyone else think? :DBut of course, GG Allin is my hero. :P

pop = popular ?I think there could be even pop raggae? I dont think pop is an actualy genre. I might be wrong though

I see it changing alotPop Punk

I love the old styles where you can wear what ever you want to express your self in a personal way.And not to be harsh but I cant wear my original style that i have been wearing my entire life with out blending in with society. It really bothers me because I wear it as to show who I really am. And I see people who where it as a fashion as to who can be more punk or stylish. And to me that's not what punks all about. Punk to me is listening to musi, the lyrics as to what they have to say. A good influence of that would be Bad Religion, Zero Down or any other bands out there that express punk for the right reasons. If people could only see the true colors and passion of punk the way it was meant to be seen, than we wouldn't have to change our selves to be seen for the right reasons. I'm not saying everyone should classify themselves to a certain thing.People just need to be more original and understanding of the styles of punk now, than what it was back then. And I agree with you about the whole music era changing, nothing is original like it used to be!

Falicia Martineau,

-reply by falicia martineau