xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

a big trouble.. a program kid with my pc... HELP

I was so stupid when i accept a file from a friend... that person sended me a file called funny.exe - and i opened it :?now it kid with msn - and tries to send itself to other ppl on my msn.i need to get it removed. I have also removed it from my prosessor, but there are other files on my computer:%System%IEXPLORE.EXE%System%EXPLORE.EXE%Windir%rundll32.exe%System%userinit32.exec:funny.exeIt is each of this place and i don't know how to acces those maps (system and windir)Pls tell me where those maps is (or if you know how to unninstall the software).Thx

Have you tryed using the search function iun windows? Just type in the files you want to fix/remove.Or have you tryed Windows Restore (this avaulable onwindows XP/Pro) to a latter date too! Located in:Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System RestoreWindows makes backups evry time you install software or change system settings.So yeah if you restore your system to another day before you recieved and run the funny.exe.Good Luck!Quick tip: Never accept executable files off MSN either from a friend or family!

The WINDIR referrs to the folder that windows was installed to, usually c:windows and SYSTEM is probably the windows system folder, usually put in c:windowssystem or c:windowssystem32 . You can check this by right clicking on My Computer, going to properties, then click the "Advanced" tab, then the "Environment Variables" button, and you will get a list of all those vaiables, and their value.

The final method is: Format it and reinstall it. :D

I was so stupid when i accept a file from a friend... that person sended me a file called funny.exe - and i opened it :?now it kid with msn - and tries to send itself to other ppl on my msn.

i need to get it removed. I have also removed it from my prosessor, but there are other files on my computer:

%System%IEXPLORE.EXE
%System%EXPLORE.EXE
%Windir%rundll32.exe
%System%userinit32.exe
c:funny.exe

It is each of this place and i don't know how to acces those maps (system and windir)
Pls tell me where those maps is (or if you know how to unninstall the software).

Thx

The final method is: Format it and reinstall it. :D 

I was so stupid when i accept a file from a friend... that person sended me a file called funny.exe - and i opened it :?now it kid with msn - and tries to send itself to other ppl on my msn.

i need to get it removed. I have also removed it from my prosessor, but there are other files on my computer:

%System%IEXPLORE.EXE
%System%EXPLORE.EXE
%Windir%rundll32.exe
%System%userinit32.exe
c:funny.exe

It is each of this place and i don't know how to acces those maps (system and windir)
Pls tell me where those maps is (or if you know how to unninstall the software).

Thx

haha my dad does that a lot. it's foolproof, if time consuming..

You probably have a Bropia.A virus there, search Google for it.... And never accept any files on MSN without be?ng sure it's not a virus... better yet, never accept any files..