xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Custom all the way

I agree, having one myself. Most people dont realize that a custom PC doesnt mean a $3000 gaming machine. For $500 you can get some custom PC's that put a dell of the same price to shame. The only downside is a lack of company support.

Find all the parts you want. I live in Aus so I buy on line where ever the cheapest price is.I got a dual proceesor board BP6 and put 2 celeron 433 pocessors in many yaers ago.Today you should be able to find something out there for around 500 dollars that will out perform any off the shelf machine. I will be build ing a new machine soon. So maybe we can all search for the best motherbaord and processor types online. Some companies deal inupgrades only and will let you match and pick your own parts if you dont feal confident to do it your self. Dont buy the latest technology get the last of watever is left and you will pay sometimes only 20 percent of the rrp. I always giva machine as much memory as it can take and this will increase perfermance. If you can get a mother board that you can adjust fsb and voltages from inside the operating system.Please add comments I have to go know but if you want to research and look at building a custom machine online. just add a message below and we will try to discuss options.Until next timeTom

OMG, a BP6? Yeah man! That was one of the first computers I built, and I loved it! Although it did start lacking in the performance area when my computing needs rose. I built mine with dual celeron 400's, but there were some people who were able to mod their BP6 mobos to take on P3 processors... it was an incredible DIY community.But back to topic: building your own custom computer is definitely the way to go. It's true you don't get company tech support, but by doing it yourself you become much more knowledgable about your own system, its components, and how it works. There is also the advantage that you can select the best parts that won't give you problems, have good performance, and are affordable.

my comp is old but custom.. recently I modded it with a Stained glass panel(made myself63 pieces with welding) : ) cant get more custom than that ^ )