xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Another thing happen when voted ???

Yesterday when I vote for FNH at clickherefree.com, it says "You have recently voted to this provider"(Tried 3-5 times). Then today I received an email 3 email s from webmaster@clickherefree.com and it says ;

Subject: "Your review has been approved"
First I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a rating and review to the ClickHereFree.com Free Web Hosting Directory.

I read it and decided to approve it for live viewing on the Website. Below is a link so you can see it again:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Again, thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
John Alexander
http://www.clickherefree.com/

Then I tried to view the page and it says "Your IP, 218.208.2xx.1xx, has been blocked. Due to abuse, we no longer allow anonymous proxy surfing".

I don't get it....and confused right now....I didn't do anything...??? SO I don't know whether I have voted or not because I can't view FNH page in clickherefree.com..

Oh...but anyway i want FNH can free host anyone for ever...so i will clear my cookies and vote FNH more times....moreover i don't want FNH will close as other freehosing provider and hope anyone can support FNH and vote it....Thanks. :oops:

I think I know the answer for that, Nazrin.

I'm not sure about your ISP back in Malaysia, but this could be your problem:

Some ISP, to save on IP expences, re-route international connections through the same IP for every clients, or at least an set of IPs, by region, for example. This means that in some international sites, it only takes that some people from your ISP to get to vote, to that IP get banned for abuse.

Here in Portugal my ISP and some others do that. Luckily, they have some kind of list of sites where not to use that system, because when they applyed the system, we had a country wide problem on accessing one of the most visited site by portuguese, hosted outside our country. So everyone trying to access from this ISP (the major in Portugal, by then), got blocked because the one IP got blacklisted, by reason of attack. Then, when people complaint about not being able to access some site, they put that one on the list, and your own IP will then be used. If it is what's happening to your, try contacting your ISP.

Damn, its a crap. I usually get prevented from downloading cracks in some sites that limit the number of downloads per user, and they measure by IP! :evil: Did I mentioned cracks? :D

Try to get to a site (outside your country) where your IP will show on the screen and see if it matches your own IP.