xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

moving phpBB forum from one server to another

Maybe this is some usefull stuff for you :wink:

<?php// phpBB 2.x auto-generated config file// Do not change anything in this file!$dbms = 'mysql';$dbhost = 'localhost';  // The host. Just leave as localhost$dbname = 'yourcpanlusername_'dbname;  // The name of the database$dbuser = ''yourcpanlusername_dbuser';  // The username of your database$dbpasswd = 'yourpassword';  // The password of your database$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';  //  The prefix of your phpBBdefine('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);?>

I know that file and I also refere to it in my how to text, but....The $dbpasswd value changes (I think it uses some kind of encryption)... even if I use the SAME password, Database name and Database username!!!I actually tried to create an empty MySQL database/user manually via the cPanel "MySQL Databases" panel, and gave up. That's why I let cPanel generate the config.php, MySQL database/user files and just copied the config.php to the real phpBB site.If you have an idea of WHY the dbpasswd value works this way, then please tell me!!Regards, Davidw