xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How do you make a 3 column with head and footer with css?

Can you please give me the code? I have a web site and i am in a need of layout. Not much people are coming to my site because of html tables. I know html very good but not css. That the i am really having trouble with so if you could help me and give me the code i would really appreciate and thank you for doing a generous act.

I would like the main body table to be 800 in width and both of the side naviation table to be in 200 in width. Total width would be 1200. I want my header to be 1200 in length. I want the height at 1800 for all of the table. I want the footer to be 1200 in width too as same as the header. Thank you very much for replying. I really appreciate it. I thank you very much. Thanks! :D

ehh, this isnt CSS, it is HTML, but

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>MY COOL TITLE GOES HERE!</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><CENTER><TABLE BORDER=1 HEIGHT="100%" WIDTH="100%"><TR><TH COLSPAN=3>MY COOL HEADER HERE!</TH></TR><TR><TD WIDTH="33%">MY COOL COLUM #1 TEXT GOES HERE</TD><TD WIDTH="34%">MY COOL COLUM #2 TEXT GOES HERE</TD><TD WIDTH="33%">MY COOL COLUM #3 TEXT GOES HERE</TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=3><H6>MY COOL FOOTER GOES HERE!</H6></TD></TR></TABLE></CENTER></BODY></HTML>
just change the text :D

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>MY COOL TITLE GOES HERE!</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><CENTER><TABLE BORDER=1 HEIGHT="100%" WIDTH="100%"><TR><TH COLSPAN=3>MY COOL HEADER HERE!</TH></TR><TR><TD WIDTH="33%">MY COOL COLUM #1 TEXT GOES HERE</TD><TD WIDTH="34%">MY COOL COLUM #2 TEXT GOES HERE</TD><TD WIDTH="33%">MY COOL COLUM #3 TEXT GOES HERE</TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=3><H6>MY COOL FOOTER GOES HERE!</H6></TD></TR></TABLE></CENTER></BODY></HTML>

No he doesnt want 100% width, he wants 1200 in width. Your percentage values for the width are also wrong, the body is much wider than the side navigation. He wants 1800 altogether in height as well.

Here is the code you put in your CSS file called "layout.css":

#header { position:absolute; top:0; left:0; width:1200; height:200; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }#footer { position:absolute; top:1600; left:0; width:1200; height:200; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }#nav1 { position:absolute; top:200; left:0; width:200; height:1400; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }#nav2 { position:absolute; top:200; left:1000; width:200; height:1400; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }#body { position:absolute; top:200; left:200; width:800; height:1400; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }

In your index.html, or home page, put this:

<HTMl>	<HEAD>  <LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="layout.css" title="default">	</HEAD>	<BODY>  <DIV id="header">  	Stuff for Header  </DIV>  <DIV id="nav1">  	Stuff for the left nav bar  </DIV>  <DIV id="body">  	Stuff for the body  </DIV>  <DIV id="nav2">  	Stuff for the right nac bar  </DIV>  <DIV id="footer">  	Stuff for the footer  </DIV>	</BODY></HTML>

Here is what this code looks like, as a test:

http://forums.xisto.com/

I am assuming the header is 200 in height, please tell me what it should be. Any changes you want, just ask. Also I need height of the footer at the bottom. If you don't like the border then tell me. Or if you don't want to seperate files then say that. ^^

skyglow1

I mean thanks for helping me. I appreciate it man. I really thank you for helping me. Now visitors will come and visit my web site. You have made me happy. God bless you. Do you know how to log into our account. I just got my hosting and i don't know how to log into my account and start making my web site. Where do you go to log into our web site account?

Thanks a bunch!, i'v been wan'ting to make my own php portal system, but i don't have to much experiance with css, so you helped a bunch! :D

Isn't 1200 or sommit way too big! Especially for vistors with 800x600 screen resolutions! or 15" screens!I recommend lowering the widths man! Althought you may have a bigger screen others may not have. Remember that dude!

Hey ,don't you think that every element name must be lower case?

No he doesnt want 100% width, he wants 1200 in width. Your percentage values for the width are also wrong, the body is much wider than the side navigation. He wants 1800 altogether in height as well.

Here is the code you put in your CSS file called "layout.css":

#header { position:absolute; top:0; left:0; width:1200; height:200; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }#footer { position:absolute; top:1600; left:0; width:1200; height:200; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }#nav1 { position:absolute; top:200; left:0; width:200; height:1400; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }#nav2 { position:absolute; top:200; left:1000; width:200; height:1400; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }#body { position:absolute; top:200; left:200; width:800; height:1400; border-style:solid; border-width:1; }

In your index.html, or home page, put this:

<HTMl>	<HEAD>  <LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="layout.css" title="default">	</HEAD>	<BODY>  <DIV id="header">  	Stuff for Header  </DIV>  <DIV id="nav1">  	Stuff for the left nav bar  </DIV>  <DIV id="body">  	Stuff for the body  </DIV>  <DIV id="nav2">  	Stuff for the right nac bar  </DIV>  <DIV id="footer">  	Stuff for the footer  </DIV>	</BODY></HTML>

Here is what this code looks like, as a test:

http://forums.xisto.com/

I am assuming the header is 200 in height, please tell me what it should be. Any changes you want, just ask. Also I need height of the footer at the bottom. If you don't like the border then tell me. Or if you don't want to seperate files then say that. ^^

skyglow1