xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Good weblog-software?

Well, as far as Weblog software goes, I don't really have a personal preference, because the only weblog scripts I've used are Chipmunk Blogger and Moveable Type, but they weren't so bad. o_o

Yep, I've installed Wordpress just a few days ago...so far, I like it a lot, it has lots of features (most of them I probably won't use :D ) and you can easily customize it with design templates.Yet there were a few things that simply didn't work correctly after installing (although the install is easy), so I had to manually modify some parts of the PHP code... nothing critical, though.Also a very nice thing are the "expansions" available on the net - I've found (installed and modified :D ) a script that allows you to post articles by sending them to a special email adress, but also with images (or other files) as attachments! So now I can take a picture with my mobile phone, write a few words and publish it on the web instantly 8)The second thing I've added is a (though partly incomplete yet) WAP access script to the weblog, now integrated into my WAP page... :D

I've just installed Movable Type. It is good, flexible and powerful, but since I'm not a programmer, I need to take longer time to understand and apply them to my site.

Actually I am looking for a Photoblog too instead of normal text weblog. I wish I can make something like the site below:

http://www.chromasia.com/iblog/

This site is using MT too. Does anyone have any idea of how I can make something similar to this?

I only use LiveJournal, and I had long wanted to create my own client ofr posting to my journal, instead of using someone else's ...... so I did.

It's called psdJournal, and currently is at version 0.1.14 beta, and it the first fully open-source application I've created.

If you use LiveJournal (http://www.livejournal.com/?page=0&nojs=1) then check out my client.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/psdjournal/

The significance of my client over others is that it is created in Visual Basic 6. To my knowledge there is no other client (open source OR closed source) that is created in VB6. So I like to believe that everyone who has downloaded my source code has the very first VB6 source code for interfacing with the LiveJournal API.

Hi there yungyaw, was installing MT a pain in the behind like everyone says?, I?ve already downloaded it but I?m having second thought because of this . A few pointers on installing will be very welcome ;)

Can we get the software used by the blogger.comI mean, is it an opensource or just something that is used by the website people only. I think it would not be an open source, because google is the one that is maintaining it as a supplementary website...What do you people think?