xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Installing NukePHP

i know i am real oob but how do i even get started installing nukephpi need REALLY detailed instruction...thx if nt too much trouble...

Go to your cpanel, which is at yoursubdomain/cpanel then click on "Fantastico" which is near the bottom of the page. Then choose to install PHPNuke in the list.skyglow1

You either use Fantastico to install them (recommended) or manually install them...go to nukeresources.com and read installation guides provided..:D

if your host has php already installed on it and your wanting the phpnuke you can install it manually.

1. find the appropiate version of nuke your wanting to put on.

2. unzip the file

3. consider your hosting directory (if your only runnin a cms then I suggest a root directory) otherwise make a directory and call it nuke

4 upload all your files to your host from the html directory of your unzipped nuke file...

Now to build your database...
1. open your cpanle and goto your mysql and click on mysql icon

2. creat a name for your database (exp. nuke)

3. add a user & password to your database(exp. user)

4. now open phpmyadmine (usually link on the bottom)

PHPmyadmin
1. on the left scroll down to your new database and click it.

2. now on the right click your second tab should say SQL

3. now click on the browse button and goto your nuke directory on your pc and goto the sql directory and click on your nuke.sql file

4. press go

now your database just got uploaded

now final step

in your unzipped nuke files you just uploaded in the html directory find the file named config.php

this is where your gonna make your adjustments so your nuke will read your database

look for this area in the config.php script

$dbhost = 'localhost'; <---Stays this way
$dbuname = 'root'; <---Username you Picked
$dbpass = ""; <---password you picked
$dbname = 'nuke'; <---database name you picked

this should be all you need to mess with.

now upload the config.php file to your host

this should be all you need to do to get nuke up and running now goto your http://yourhost.com/ and log onto nuke and make sure you setup a superuser first then have fun.

If for some reason this doesnt work you can pm me or goto phpnuke.org they have great tutorials there also :D

Yeah thats a very easy way to install... But learning how to manually install a database is good web building experience.But he is right if your looking for a quick fix go with aztraea

If I could add to that -When uploading keep the file structure order in-tactIf installing on a linux host -chmod -files 644folders 755avitar folder 777 if allowing uploading of avatarsFor many reasons patch your Nuke with thefiles from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (you'll overwritethe files with these) - & even a Fantastico install.Also add one of the security programs likeSentinal ProtectorAdmin Secure:lol: