xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

anyone record music?

Just wondering if anyone on here specifically records music. yeah i play music, but i kind of wanted to talk to someone who records on this thread. I've kind of got a limited set up, just kind of got started over the past year. Ive got - Cubase SL 2Acid Pro 4.0Edirol U 80 USB Track Mixer/Recording SystemLogitech 5.1 Direct Monitoring SystemA Huge list of VST'sCad M179Samson R11Rode SM57Korg Triton 88 key workstationSquier Jazz BassCustom made Martin Acousic guitarFender Strat (American)

I record music, but do you mean music you made on the computer or music you made with instruments?For editing, mixing and stuff I used Syntrillium Cool Edit Pro 2 and now I updated it to Adobe Audition 1.5, really nice programs. (I, and my band, play with real instruments)

yeah i play with real instruments. i cant really play guitar, so i have two friends that come over. i play piano, harmonica, and bass mainly.

I mainly use a an Akai DPS16 which is a stand alone 16 track hard disk recorder. This seems to cover all my needs. I find that recording equipment is so good these days that I am only limited by knowledge and recording technique. 8)

Doesn't Shure make SM57? I record as a leisure. I have a fender strat, a custom seymore duncan pick-up guitar (which alll adds up to a telecaster clone), cheap epi acoustic guitar and classical guitar, cheap bass, an 8 channel mixer, AKG mic (can't recall the model) and i use cubase SL. As you can see i realy need more mics right now. But it would be alright as no one else is at home to record anyway :D

i record to i use the computer and a piano i like makin beats i rap tho i dont no but u guys but da wut i do. u got nice lil studio man

heck i recorded some pretty good music with just my computer and a mic and one of those old ministudio things. I used goldwave to record, mix, and edit its a pretty good prog.

I use a Peavey XR684 Mixing Console with a AMD XP2800 running N-Track studio for recording and mixing. I have a lot of funny-sounding things! :shock:-3xAmstrad CPC 6128 with Speech!1.1, Soundtraker128 and CPC Synthesizer.-Amstrad CPC 646-Sinclair ZX Spectrum+2 with SoundTracker 1.0, Menzer Syn and Musik Komputer.-Commodore Amiga A500.-MSX2 (Philips NMS8245)-Commodore 64 with Cybertracker 1.01 (a really great sequencer program, with real time synthesis controlled by graphic envelopes) and some synthesizer programs more...-486DX2-WB (66Mhz) with a Sound Blaster 16 running Impulse Tracker v2.14 and Analogic 1.1 (all for MS-DOS, of course :D )-Elektron SidStation MOS 6581 Synthesizer (the same soundchip that the C64! :roll: )-Moog Etherwave Theremin-Washburn Bantam XB-100 Bass Guitar-Fender DG10 (Electro)Acoustic GuitarAH! and I have a doublebass too! :D

I recently had a project called Swivel Theorist. Our website went down last week, but we have a few tracks at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . I'm not too happy with it anymore. I'm gonna do things differently in the future. I use a tracker and GoldWave. I don't have any equipment other than my laptop. I'd sure love to learn how to use some of that stuff. I need higher-quality production.