xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

domains addon

hello....im new here and im not hosting on this site or whatjust wanting some or yall oppinion on cpaneli have a hosting somewhere out there and the admin gave me 10 parking and addon space. so i went the the registrar and point my domain to my webhostings webserver...when i check whois.info - my domain is resolve with the nameserver pointed to the my hosting company.but when i add or try to park domains, an error will come out saying cannot determine nameserver for that particular domain. same goes with addin on domains. i tried to use the network tools, the dns trace, when i trace my original default domain, its listed there with the nameserver of the webhost. but when i trace the new domain, it says error no 9(noAUTH) something like that. do u guys know what this all about?do i have to tell my admin to tweak some other feature in order for this particular thing to work for frontend clients?thanks yall......i really need a sollution...kindly reply...thanks....

Yes, it seems like you did the process correctly, but it typically takes over 24 hours for the domain to be delegated properly. Just wait till tomorrow and try again, and if it doesn't work, try again later.

well, i could say its more then 3 days...still nothing....same errorcannot determine nameserver for ikkysclub.infoARRGGHHHH!!!!even my admin doesnt respond to my mail....

The webhost that I'm using had the same problem (my hosting here hasn't been accepted yet). I researched it and saw that it was most likely some DNS issue, but instead of them trying to fix it, they just allowed it so that all addons would work. Any domain didn't have to be pointed at the nameservers for it to be added. If this continues, this may be an option to take. Try again later anyway. Also, try pinging your domain and see what IP it is, and see if it matches the DNS server's IP.