xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PHP Upload script

<?if ($_POST["action"]=="upload"){        $file=$HTTP_POST_FILES["file"];        $tmp_name=$file["tmp_name"];	$new_name="./path/to/some/folder/".$file["name"];        move_uploaded_file($tmp_name, $new_name);}?><form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="<? echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?>" method="post">Choose a file:<input type="file" name="file" /><input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="1048576" /><br /><input type="hidden" name="action" value="upload" /><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Upload!" /></form>

any ideas on how i can upload files bigger than 2mb (ie. 5)? is this blocked by php or FNH? would i have to try asp or something? i cant use ftp but am willing to try anything :D

any ideas on how i can upload files bigger than 2mb (ie. 5)? is this blocked by php or FNH?

Run a "phpinfo();" command and see for yourself...

upload_max_filesize 2M

:roll:

well tbh i have no php programming knowledge at all :D - didnt even know that existed lol. so er.... a setting by FNH or a php limitation? (ty for your patience with the n00bs :D)

well tbh i have no php programming knowledge at all :D - didnt even know that existed lol. so er.... a setting by FNH or a php limitation? (ty for your patience with the n00bs :D)

No problem :Da php configuration setting, set by FNH :D

thanks for the script, i will check it out as well, are there any insecurities for a website if it uses this upload script?

Well, there won't be if you won't ANYONE let EVER know what is the path to this script. It has no security check, so ANYONE could upload you some malicious script (e.g. in php) and do some not very nice stuff to your site...:twisted:So don't put it like "yourname.freenukehosting.com/upload.php", nor "/upload/" and nothing that can be guessed at all...
And still, I wouldn't rely on it... get a more sophisticated script if you really need to use file uploads, something that has at least a password check.
It's your decision...your responsibility...but it could have consequences for all of us (remember the last time someone was found illegal files on their account? :roll: )