xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Login script.

Before i came here i had a quite comprehensive login script that worked fine...but for some reason here my registered sessions keep changing when i load a certain page (and i cannot work out why in the scripting).

I've decided that i probably need another login script that uses sessions and works here. Any suggestions are welcome.

For ease of implementation on my part i need it to work with the following details:

1) Email activation. - though that i can probably do myself
2) Last Login time - i have a IM system that uses that
3) Variables registered to sessions
4) Varying User levels - the backend for this doesnt matter, i just need it to recall from the DB what level someone is and set the session accordingly (Admins = 3)

Thanks hugely for the help
Welbis

My current users table (- little extra's that i can add easily enough) is as follows.

CREATE TABLE `users` (  `userid` int(25) NOT NULL auto_increment,  `first_name` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',  `last_name` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',  `email_address` varchar(35) NOT NULL default '',  `username` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',  `PASSWORD` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',  `info` text NOT NULL,  `user_level` enum('0','1','2','3') NOT NULL default '1',  `signup_date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  `last_login` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  `activated` enum('0','1') NOT NULL default '0',)