xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Do you like my floating menu?

For years I've been searching for a way to put a floating menu on my site and have it validate as Strict XHTML 1.0 without success. Lately, I've been able to overcome that problem and have installed a "control panel" that gently floats into position as you scroll up and down each page.

Let me know how you like it! :P

irritating....

Actually, I'm inclined to agree with you. I would've preferred to have it just remain static (like the abajan.does.it background that it floats on) but incredibly Internet Explorer doesn't support a simple CSS property/value pair (namely, position:fixed) :x

Kindly fix this, Mr. Gates!

For years I've been searching for a way to put a floating menu on my site and have it validate as Strict XHTML 1.0 without success. Lately, I've been able to overcome that problem and have installed a "control panel" that gently floats into position as you scroll up and down each page.

I would give you my opinion dude if i was able to see it ......... post the url !!

I would give you my opinion dude if i was able to see it ......... post the url !!

You can click on his "www" button on the bottom of his post. The link is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

skyglow1

yea.. that was kind of dumb. he should have posted a url.

SSR, read skyglow1's post. Why on earth would I put a link in my post unnecessarily when there's already one automatically provided. :?: :?: :roll: Only if I had another site would that make sense.

Rest your mouse on the "WWW" button below. What tool tip do you see? Visit poster's website

it seems like such a long search for not much return, sorry

Well, you'll be pleased to know that the "www" button link now points directly to my site. I've removed the "abajan.does.it" graphic in the margin and replaced it with something much tamer.

Thanks for your input.

now that it's xhtml compliant, maybe your next challenge is to be Accessibility Compliant?

Sounds like a good idea, drumbytes. And while I'm busy doing that, you might consider making your home page truly xhtml 1.0 transitional.

(According to W3C, it has 94 errors) :wink: