xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

freenukehosting's choice?

phpNuke isn't forum, it's CMS.

"Forum" or "CMS"... ok with me, but FNH calls this area that I am typing in right now, as a "forum".

If phpBB is easier to use, then it would be nice to know in what way it is easier.... seen from a FNH mod or admin's viewpoint.

The reason that I am asking this, is because I know a guy from the Danish Radio (owned by the goverment), that wants to make a site, which is searchable AND where it is possible to upload and download BIG files (video and sound files) that are together with messages that are submitted to a discussion forum that is similar in function compared to FNH. Actually the only difference is that there are downloadable files in submitted messages. The system must be heavy duty and be able to handle allot of data. Since we ar talking about very large files, it would be smart, if the system can detect if somebody ALREADY has uploaded the same file (validated via checksum, modifcation date and name). If it is already uploaded, then the user has the choice to link to the already uploaded file. In this way, many users can point to the same data, so there is only one copy saved to disk.

In relation to the above, which would be the better choice: PhpBB or PHP-nuke? Or is there an alternative that would better fit these needs?

Regards,
davidw

well its nuke hosting because well umm o yea *hits head with hand* you can use php&mysql most free hosting dont have it and some paying ones.

But I find Invisionboard easier to use and it is also a lot more customizable.

Suck a donut......
PHPBB is for the ghetto poor ppl like us who can't afford IPb or vBulletin

But I find Invisionboard easier to use and it is also a lot more customizable.

Suck a donut......
PHPBB is for the ghetto poor ppl like us who can't afford IPb or vBulletin

Or for experters how who want to edit and create there own forum based on phpBB and distribue it!

I think phpBB is better than phpNuke, because editting (read: installing mod) is a lot easier in phpBB than in phpNuke.

agree! i enjoy adding MOD in phpBB :wink: