xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Can I combine PHP and HTML?

erm... just wondering...1stly, what is PHP? Is it the same as HTML? What program can I use to edit it? frontpage can?about the combining thing, i mean put an inline frame in a page, and the content of inline frame is php, and the other whole page is HTML. Can i do that?

You can edit PHP scripts using Dreamweaver, notepad, textpad, word pad, etc.When you create a PHP page, the user runs the script. The CPU of the server processes the PHP in the script and based on what it says and different variables it outputs HTML to the user. That's why if you right click and select view source on a php page....u will see html code.

you can code PHP (which is an aconym for pretty home pages) in any text editor that saves files as straight text. I recommend ConTEXT which is absolutely free and very well featured. and yes, you can use php in html, as long as the server supports php

PHP is used to produce HTML, which it then sends to the user.

An example:

<?php

echo "Thou art a wench!";

?>

That script would send this to your browser:

Thou art a wench!

You can stop a PHP file and insert direct HTML, too, which will be written as if echoed. :D[/b]

actually it is for Personal/Professional Home Page tools

No...It's really Hypertext Preprocessor, which maakes sense considering PHP generates the page before you see it, and HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. I guess some programmers like the word 'hypertext.'

php is a server-side programming language. Its especially useful when creating online biz websites. It controls dynamically what your web is to do with certain info. JSP n CGI r also server-side programming languages too. HTML is more for displaying txt and images.

Well firstly before you can do any PHP codeing you will have make sure that your host or server has PHP installed, if your with FreeNukeHosting then you haveno worrys as its all installed for you!

Now you need to learn PHP and see how powerful PHP when its used!

Goto http://us3.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php to start to learn PHP and its power!

Good luck!