xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Paid Music or P2P?

Hey. Just wondering what you all prefer: buying your music online at places like Puretracks or iTunes, or downloading from a P2P network such as Shareaza, KaZaA, and eDonkey2000? I personally use both. For the big tunes I use Puretracks (soon to be iTunes), and for the remixes and barely-heard-of songs I use Shareaza.

I think in some cases, you need to try out music you havent heard of but if you like it, then buying the cd is a must!!Show your love to the artist with money!! :arrow:

Is there a neither choice? Because the mp3 player that I'm gonna get encodes anything into mp3 format. So all I have to do is borrow a cd containing the song, pop it in a cd player with an audio output, hook up my mp3 player via audio output, then encode the song. If I wanted to I could send it over to a friend to get it digitally remastered!

I use p2p except when I absolutely love the band. I may use p2p to get the songs before the cd goes out, but if the band is worth it, I buy their cd when it comes out.