xisto Community
OpaQue

Uploading Files And Connecting To Ftp using WsFtppro

I originaally used CuteFTP, but then at some point it stopped working, then I got WS Ftp pro, and dreamweaver MX, and i tryed connecting with both of them and it still gives me an error! What can i do, because it is really anoyi8ng having to load from the normal file manager.

Surf FTP is program i use. Of all the ones I have tried, this one loads the fastest and has no ads whatsoever. The download is also less than a megabyte too. I can even run it from a thumbdrive!

If you ask me smartFTP would be a good one(in my opinion) , because it is simple yet easy to use., plus you they have no advertisements , its free , and its smart :lol: .If you want it you can download it here http://download.cnet.com/SmartFTP/3001-2160_4-10362660.html . (For those of you who have never downloaded anything from download.com)(Don't worry it does not contain any viruses or trojans or anything like that. It is pure safe. They scan the downloads before they even put it up.)

Surf FTP is program i use.  Of all the ones I have tried, this one loads the fastest and has no ads whatsoever. The download is also less than a megabyte too.  I can even run it from a thumbdrive!

58780[/snapback]

it means that either the host has given you a limit of space and you have and your trying to upload something that would overload the sever which why it says "Disc Quota Exceeded" .

My two cents for those who are on Linux - I recently discovered that Konquerer seems to be an excellent FTP client. It's very easy to transfer files using the grapic drag-n-droppish interface :rolleyes: I didn't even bother to download another ftp client after I found this web browser +plus+ ftp client... although I still use the file manager for changing permissions; haven't quite figured out how to manipulate that using Konquerer.

i'm currently using WS_FTP Pro 9.1 (haven't upgraded to Pro 2006, gonna purchase it soon). Before I found WS_FTP, I was using CoreFTP Lite which was not bad. It should be easy to upload files and connect using Ftp with WS_FTP as long as you have an account and the ftp username password. BTW, thanks OpAqUE for the tutorial...

As i said before, i only used dreamweaver built in ftp client, and very very rarely the windows symbol system that allows to conect to ftp, or the graphic ftp through internet or windows explorer instances, but as i heard about fireftp, i thought it would be really great to try, i love fire extensions for my lovely browser hehe...But i did find it very annoying, it slows the hell down all firefox windows, gets me a lot of errors and sometimes it disconects. I didnot feel happy with it, so i downloaded filezilla, which im using to upload joomla right now, and it has been nice since the beggining so... make yer choice, what i say is that i wouldnt recommend fireftp (i used in two win xp different machines)...

I would suggest you to use CuteFTP as your file manager. It's best in the sense it resumes uploading from the broken connections & then it simultaneously can have too many connections uploading many a files at the same time, saving your precious time. I myself use it & never got any problem other than from the server's side.It also has an easy to use interface, just click the New connection button and put the ftp info ther & you're done. CuteFTP is simply the best.

You are replying to a topic that is 2 years old! You've already posted that same message elsewhere too. Until there is a valid reason to revive this thread, it is closed.