xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

CMS

cms = content managing system.Basically...instead of having to upload files in an ftp client, you can create / edit / delete / sections on your website by logging into the administration section of it.For instance, to post an article, you can just fill in a text box - like on a forum, and itll populate the article sectionor, on a higher level... to make a whole new section for articles, you can just fill in a simple form, with various details about how complicated you want it. (mine does that :P took me ages lol)and they generally extend to include in broswer layout changes, polls, ban lists, file uploads, user levels, etc etc

I agree that Mambo is the best one. It's kind of hard to learn it but once you do you make it work wonders.Don't pass the suggestion to visit opensourcecms.com, check under the section CMS - Lite, you might find what you need there.Good luck! :D