xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Order of the requests is wrong, I think...

The order of the posts in the request for free host is the tipical: last post date

To the admin(s): If you go to the admin panel, then forum admin, then edit that forum, you can set the order the forum should be displayed. I think you should select topic date, and not last post date (as predefined).

I saying this, because I was the first guy to request and I'm still waiting...

please see this topic.

Whereas I do agree about letting FNH decide what to do. I believe something has to be done about it. Sol's topic along with about 20 others have all been blatently posted back by about 2-3 different users whom I won't name but should be obvious by now.When I went to post my request there were about 29 topics before mine. Now I'm the last topic. So some pricks have basically boosted about 20 (as around nine were given accounts) requests. Looking up the last post note. I saw the same name about 10-12 times in a row at the top of the board.Although this doesn't affect me directly, I feel that the obvious flirting of the rules on spamming and boosting requests should be dealt with.

Lol, it's not that bad; they didn't post at my request. :) And now I am allmost at the end. :lol:No, seriously this should be fixed. It's not fair. The requests should be treated in the order of the topic date, and old members should be first. Maybe a moderator can delete all those replies.

Lol, it's not that  bad; they didn't post at my request.  :P And now I am allmost at the end. :lol:No, seriously this should be fixed. It's not fair. The requests should be treated in the order of the topic date, and old members should be first. Maybe a moderator can delete all those replies.

Yes, if a mod deletes the posts, then the dates become right again! (I tested in my forum)

I think a new rule will must be set: no replies permited on the request topics or the user who does that is banned (no admins and mods :) )

Lol, it's not that  bad; they didn't post at my request.  :P And now I am allmost at the end. :DNo, seriously this should be fixed. It's not fair. The requests should be treated in the order of the topic date, and old members should be first. Maybe a moderator can delete all those replies.

Yes, if a mod deletes the posts, then the dates become right again! (I tested in my forum)

I think a new rule will must be set: no replies permited on the request topics or the user who does that is banned (no admins and mods :) )

100% agree....sound fair to me but banning sound to evil..just delete the person post is already good enough.....:lol:

We won't (at least not me) waste our time reading each and every threads twice or more !! If someone replied on your request for no real reason, you can PM me to report it...If it was someone who reminded you smth's wrong with your request, then you should better thank him/her... A delayed request is better than a quick but bad request !Chances are we won't allow replies anymore in the Request Free Hosting forum. If that's the case, forget everything I told you ! :lol:One more thing, look carefully and you'll see admin's processed in the correct order...

One more thing, look carefully and you'll see admin's processed in the correct order...

so check the date of my first post (9:09 am GMT) and the time it took an admin to repy (11 hours and a half (8:32 pm GMT)) and look at the time of almost any of the "completed aplications".examples (the first ones):
http://forums.xisto.com/ (9:11 am GMT - reply at 9:54 am GMT)
http://forums.xisto.com/ (9:21 am GMT - reply at 9:59 am GMT)
http://forums.xisto.com/ (9:26 am GMT - reply at 10:49 am GMT)
need more examples? just go to the completed aplications forum

now just explain me how was I the first of ALL requesting free host in the new forum and just got a reply at 8:36 pm GMT?
(for those who want to laugh a bit: in the reply admin said I got to tell the space I need!!! and if you see the "completed aplications" only 1 in 10 say the space!!! --- EDIT: the reply they gave me was now deleted...)

PS: all the hours mentioned are from today - December 08 2004

In one way you've got a point :

no ur no the frist :):lol: ur the last :D :D  :idea:  :idea:

This was completely STUPID !! :evil:

As a result, I'll report that to moddies/admins so that he will be more watched over... especially about his activity on the forum, but also about making the slightest stupid step (like above)...

Same goes for :

it isn noob its newbe u newbe too and i am newbe too :P

Nonetheless you too, intentionnally replied, in response to noone :

how much space do you need? (read the sticky's)

you got to be kiddin me:

1-I read all the stickys in this forum (Request Free Host) and it said nothing about that

2-more than half of the "Completed aplications" don't mention that

3-I though it was clear that the acounts now will have 800 mb??? (I'm awsering your question)

So because of that, all I'm going to do is to remove some posts so that you'll gain some places in the queue...

Besides, you kept posting, while I wrote down, black on white, that you could PM me if anything went wrong. You didn't have to reply one more time !!

Note : quotes from this thread (which might have been altered now)

Ok, 2nd post for everyone now :

If you are encountering any spam or useless reply on your request thread from anyone could it be :

do not reply... ever !

report to me by PM.

post here so that everyone knows who's in fault... (optional)

One more thing, look carefully and you'll see admin's processed in the correct order...

so check the date of my first post (9:09 am GMT) and the time it took an admin to repy (11 hours and a half (8:32 pm GMT)) and look at the time of almost any of the "completed aplications".
I was talking about the last post made before an admin replies !

This is because some people, who don't read the rules, like to *bump* their own thread... Why should we care about them ? :?

We're simply picking the last thread of the forum... hence the possibility of reporting abusive replies...

I know I just delay my acount when replying in my request, and there you've got a point, but that post you quote (not all the others) was a response to whizz, an admin, who was saying that I have to tell the space I need. The others were just to reply to those stupid folks who keep saing that my request was not the first one, it is the last...just do me a favor and I ask you no more: I'll delete my posts on that topic and you delete the others but my original one, and you'll see that I'll jump to the first of the line (the right place).also, did you check that girl, hany and her spam?

You go Infraid. Thanks.Sol, sometimes patience works better than a loud and frustrated search for a very small amount of justice. I've applied 3 different times and been deleted. s'aright, will wait and read and help others

I'll delete my posts on that topic and you delete the others but my original one

I realize now that I can only delete my last post, not all of them...

so check the date of my first post (9:09 am GMT) and the time it took an admin to repy (11 hours and a half (8:32 pm GMT)) and look at the time of almost any of the "completed aplications".
I was talking about the last post made before an admin replies !This is because some people, who don't read the rules, like to *bump* their own thread... Why should we care about them ? :?

We're simply picking the last thread of the forum... hence the possibility of reporting abusive replies...
Yes, I know you were thinking that way, so I pointed it out for you :lol:

You go Infraid. Thanks.Sol, sometimes patience works better than a loud and frustrated search for a very small amount of justice. I've applied 3 different times and been deleted. s'aright, will wait and read and help others

I've got to admit that your right about that... but it is still unfair...