xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

FireFox problems: Is it the worst browser?

Most-heard complaints

People didn't understand the interface

Sometimes, it reacted so slow, people thought the network had crashed or the internet connection was down

It freezed and crashed constantly, sometimes sucking more than 90% of the CPU load for no obvious reason

Pages showed up completely wrong or didn't work at all

Wanted pop-ups didn't open

Completed downloads could not be found

Bookmarking gave problems

PDF-files caused crashing

Pages "disappeared" by accidentally using tabular browsing

Lots of obvious keyboard- and mouse shortcuts were missing

?and a lot more complaints I can't remember at the moment

I uninstalled Firefox the next day. Firefox is clearly NOT meant for the general public!

Posted Image

look at here

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

~ title edited ~ Infraid

Firefox rules once you learn it. You can set downloads to ask where you want them or set in Preferences that they go to the same place always. There's also a download manager that can open the files or open the download folder.Blocking popups can be disabled or you can just look at the top of the window and open the pops for just that page or that site only always. Tabbed browsing is good because it takes up less memory than havins separate pages open. You just need to be aware of what you are doing.When pages are made in proprietary non-W3-compliant code, who knows who can read them and for how long before the originators decide to change their approach or stop supporting their go-it-alone code variants all together. Firefox is compliant.Security is way better and it's not Micro - #$%@& - soft.

FireFox is designed by people who made netscape but for computer geeks like I myself..not our fault if your to stupid or the people are to stupid to use it.It never said it was Computer Illterate friendly!

Yea, FireFox is much better than IE I think I saw on the TV that IE is more danderous for viruses than other internet progs :shock:

rmdort sorry, please learn morea of Firefox, it's an awesome service all for free. I'm using Netscape (modern theme) and Firefox 1.0 (Qute theme)... Firefox is much more superior than the other two.....

Like IE, you just need sometime to get to know about it... common man will learn the same very soooon.... eventually more people are going to use in the near future, its good that you can have it right now...

I'm using both IE and Firefox. Found no problems with firefox yet... And I'm enjoying it very much.Microsoft has improved IE, it now has a lot of new protection, including popups and activeX stuff, and it works. After all that improvments, I like IE once again. At this moment, I put these two software in the same level. The prize goes to Firefox though, it is free, and it is not Microsoft. Microsoft is a a lot to me... a lot of good software, with a lot of bugs that make it bad software, a lot of patches and service packs, a lot of problems, and a lot of instability. :lol:

I use FireFox 80% of the time on my Mac Os X machine. Mac's own Safari is great too, but FireFox is much more flexible. Actually: Apple's own Safrai has trouble printing. Firefox does a much better job with printing. As you may know, Microsoft has stopped development of MS-Explorer for Mac. That's ok with me! But there are pages out there, that are developed for a specific browser (typcially MS-Explorer for PC) and look weird in other browsers like Firefox. That's not Firefox's fault, but the web-developer that needs glasses!Regards,davidw

The only problem with firefox for me, is when you test your website. It may look great on firefox, but IE ruins it. Some time ago, IE cut the half of my text on my website. That wouldn't have happened when I would have checked it with Internet Explorer. And most people use IE.

I think that webpages should be written in such a way, that ALL browsers can read them. If only some of them can read your code, then your code is not folowing W3C standards.The whole idea with the WWW is that everybody, no matter what operating system, browser, race or religion they have, can see the same stuff.I know that this means that there is some fancy coding that can't be done, if the above is followed, but I think the ideals of the web are fare more interesting.Regarding Firefox: the idea that it is a free browser developed by free thinking people spred all over the globe, is a fantastic way of being creative. And I like that! Firefox and other open source projects are not perfect. But this means that YOU have influence on how this browser should be. If you want to. Try that with the development of IE! I think you will have a problem. :shock: Regards, davidw