xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

1TB /500MB attachment Email

they offer that much to catch your attention cuz they know that your never ganna use up the whole amount thats nearly impossible unless ya sat on your comp and uploaded movies to it non stop then ya might fill up a lil space but never the whole thing

I wouldent trust it
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=hFhriders.com%2F
check that link, and see how it's doing, i also would not trust the site becouse it's running on a Windows Server 2003, (also i registerd, and tryed to make an email, it said it had a problem in drive D:/ ??? [only on windows... :P]) i would trust them if they used a linux OS, but nope...

My father sells servers like this to companies and some of them order Servers with 200TB drives in them. I dont know how they can offer 1tb for free, since the servers my father sells cost in excess of $1 million for 10 or 15 of themso there like $75000 each. Now if i was to guess i would say that they dont give you the 1tb partition right away, i bet they give you 1gb or maybe 2 or something and when you get close to that mark they up it a little more to maybe 5gb or seomthing and so on. That is the only way i could figure they could offer something like that.

Sorry, you better look at a HD box some day.

Western Digital Says:
Decimal vs. Binary:
For simplicity and consistency, hard drive manufacturers define a megabyte as 1,000,000 bytes and a gigabyte as 1,000,000,000 bytes. This is a decimal (base 10) measurement and is the industry standard. However, certain system BIOSs, FDISK and Windows define a megabyte as 1,048,576 bytes and a gigabyte as 1,073,741,824 bytes. Mac systems also use these values. These are binary (base 2) measurements.

To Determine Decimal Capacity:
A decimal capacity is determined by dividing the total number of bytes, by the number of bytes per gigabyte (1,000,000,000 using base 10).

To Determine Binary Capacity:
A binary capacity is determined by dividing the total number of bytes, by the number of bytes per gigabyte (1,073,741,824 using base 2).

This is why different utilities will report different capacities for the same drive. The number of bytes is the same, but a different number of bytes is used to make a megabyte and a gigabyte. This is similar to the difference between 0 degrees Celsius and 32 degrees Fahrenheit. It is the same temperature, but will be reported differently depending on the scale you are using.

So he was not incorrect, neither was I. :twisted:

You can see that page I posted from at:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
qid=615&p_created=1034613413&p_sid=FZ8RBNvh&p_lva=1086&p_sp=
cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MT
gyJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9c2VhcmNoX2ZubCZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMT0mcF9
wcm9kX2x2bDI9JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ
9R2lnYWJ5dGU*&p_li=

(You'll have to put into one line)

the original value is 1g>1024 m this is because they breed cells and cells multiply in 1>2 so 1-2-4-8-12-24-(you might already notice 8 bits-24 bits but it has nothing todo with the cells) and you can go on 4ever. so techinicly if you make a cell breeding machine you can make a piece of machinery that is even beter than the human brain(humans cant regenerate brain cells you got them from your birth, one of the symptons of dieing)no matter what that page says im sure im right