xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Does anyone know how to get images copyrighted?

Well, I've been around the net for quite a while, one thing I noticed is that pretty much everything is copyrighted. And I've been planning to host a graphics site of my own..... Like most other site, I would also like to copyright my materials so no one else would be able to claim them..... But is copyrighting materials a hard process?? Would I have to copyright everytime an image is published?........ I've been wondering about that since the begining of time and have no idea how to..... Would anyone be nice enough to help?

I'm pretty sure that anything that is a creative production is copyrighted. Just put a small water mark that says '? Cosmic 2004' or something like that.

I'm pretty sure that anything that is a creative production is copyrighted. Just put a small water mark that says 'Š Cosmic 2004' or something like that.

I believe you're right. As long as Cosmic can prove he is the creator, he'll be allright. 8)

Cosmic wrote:  Lol..... Yeah.... That's what I've been thinking... Now I feel so dumb ..... Lol

don't ------- it's better to be safe than sorry! :P

Check out the Creative Commons Deed. There are variations of licenses that give and restrict users rights that you can get here and how to use them.

"Taking inspiration in part from the Free Software Foundation's GNU General Public License (GNU GPL), Creative Commons has developed a Web application that helps people dedicate their creative works to the public domain or retain their copyright while licensing them as free for certain uses, on certain conditions. Unlike the GNU GPL, Creative Commons licenses are not designed for software, but rather for other kinds of creative works: websites, scholarship, music, film, photography, literature, courseware, etc. We hope to build upon and complement the work of others who have created public licenses for a variety of creative works. Our aim is not only to increase the sum of raw source material online, but also to make access to that material cheaper and easier. To this end, we have also developed metadata that can be used to associate creative works with their public domain or license status in a machine-readable way. We hope this will enable people to use our search application and other online applications to find, for example, photographs that are free to use provided that the original photographer is credited, or songs that may be copied, distributed, or sampled with no restrictions whatsoever. We hope that the ease of use fostered by machine- readable licenses will further reduce barriers to creativity."

https://creativecommons.org/about/history/