xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vacant

Public Opinion On The Best Isp ...according to google, sortof

Ok, there have been a few heated discussions about Internet Service providers on Xisto lately, about which ones are bad/good etc, so I thought I'd put it to the 3 billion or whatever pages indexed on google, to see what they thought. Now, I'm totally impartial to all of this, so I thought the fairest way possible was to type "*internet servicer provider* is crap" into google, and see what happened. heres what I found.

Note that these results are what happened when i typed "(service provider listed on left) is crap", with speech marks.

There are the most popular UK ones on there. sorry other countries! Why not post findings of your ISP on here, if you like.

EXAMPLE: | "Virgin Net is crap" |

UK online - 0

BT internet / BT yahoo - 0

Virgin Net - 0

V two one / V21 - 0

Freeserve - 3

BT broadband - 4

NTL - 63 (note that this includes NTL's TV service, not just internet - "NTL home" returned 0 results)

AOL - 321

I'd call that fairly conclusive. Please note that this in no way depicts which are better than others, Im just relying on facts that probably dont count towards anything in the scheme of things.

Thankyou all,

Vacant.

google is in no way connected with these results. Results not garanteed and are subject to change. Make cheques payable to Vacant. Are you still reading this? Well, ive run out of ideas now, go and read all the other post on this forum you fool.

Edited by Vacant (see edit history)

I didn't know cussing was allowed. Wait it isn't if you read the Term & Conditions.

Ok, maybe it isnt completely fair. Ok, maybe it isnt fair at all. So I admit that...

Plus I'm not trying to discriminate against any person or company...im simply stating the facts, that particular phrases returned particular results.

Please dont try and use this information in your defence in an argument. It won't hold up in court either, trust me.

Have I now escaped blame? No, probably not.

You think im breaking the rules? I thought it was ok, after I read the google toolbar thread. http://forums.xisto.com/topic/576-google-toolbar/page-2#entry9057

Notice also, that it's dependant on how many people use each isp. :D

yea it actually depends upon how many people are using each isp and not really on the google search

Well anybody who's ever used AOL will know that that result isn't much of a surprise, Being a moderator on a large forum, people who try to sign up using AOL never can and have to go through a special procedure, i believe its the same with links too, they have to have their own for certain things. I dont know anybody now who uses them, or if they did, they quickly moved away and went somewhere else.