xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What toolbar(s) do you use?

What toolbar(s) do you use? I've installed Google and Alexa toolbar. They help me block those useless pop-ups..... Just curious to know what others are using.....

I have installed Google toolbar :P Google help me with search, Google News, stop popup ads...I have installed also; Google Deskbar that helps me to search from the deskbar without Internet Explorer & it can search also in documents on your computer 8)

i have the msn toolbar, but i think im going to ditchit and get the google toolbar.most other toolbars you get have spyware/adware in them, or they place it on your comp.EDIT: i just looked at the Alexa toolbar and i think ill get it instead.

I just use the FireFox web browser, it blocks popups and has a builting multi search engine bar with Google, Yahoo, Ebay and many many more.

B careful of toolbars :shock: corps can get up your backdoors with they hidden agendas - and you gave them permission :oops: hope they'll respect you in the morning :twisted:

I use google toolbar. Almost installed the google desktop until I read up on security issues. The google deskbar archives all the files that you specify and stores them in a commonly known place. As far as I know this is not able to be changed. If you use it and you were hacked you would be SOL because they would have access to every file you ever didn't want read. Just a thought figured you all would want to know. If you want to block popups get sp2 and install trend micro PC cillin. along with zone alarm pro. I have had these installed for the past few months and have not received any pop ups. Very nicetake care and good luck

I dont use any, prefer not to :!:

Same here, djbungle. I learnt a long time ago not to clutter up my computer with stuff unless I really need it. That advice came from a computer guru on a TV program I don't see anymore called Disk Doctors.

I used to have the alexa toolbar, but it is filled with spyware and stuff. I now kicked the habit and just don't use one anymore. If i had to use a new one it would be the google one.

Don't need any "toolbar"... Opera has a "Google search" window integrated, as well as popup blocker and plenty of other useful stuff... it's all inclusive...and free :P