xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How can u stream video?

You can simply use Windows Media Player Here is like a streaming media HTML code :)

<embed src="" width="300" height="300">
Very simple you see... You can also use Quicktime but WMP is more universal I think because everyone has it... (almost)

Oh wow I didn't knwo you can stream video that easily. So you don't need to make a special file or anything? Just have an avi and embed it?skyglow1

Oh wow I didn't knwo you can stream video that easily. So you don't need to make a special file or anything? Just have an avi and embed it?

skyglow1

True, but what bassweb didn't mention is you have to watch out on the codec. Say your movie is encoded in DivX... Then anyone with a DivX codec can view it but people without it can't. The Most common usage for videos should be Windows Media Video or MPEG, this way there should be no problems.

Actually, there's a new Java-based online video player being developed right now. This would eliminate the need for WMP or other players. After it is finished, the developers will release the code for it. As of now the only format one can use for it is OGGVorbis. Maybe that will change in the future. If anyone is interested in seeing what it's like, click here.

Guys if your gonna stream videos consider a few things first.... Hotlinking is a hazard to most webdesigners especially if your running media.... It eats up your bandwidth....
I like realplayer streaming myself and I use real producer to make my streams but its not the only way to protect your stream you can also htcaccess it so its password protected which is another consideration unless your advertising..
Guys out there will get it if there really going after it so keep in mind you can not 100% protect anything on the internet but you can keep all the newbies web designers from taking it.

Also someone mentioned audio.... yes you can embed audio into your website... or you can stream like your doing a radio station on the internet... if your interested in an online radio station consider checking out http://www.shoutcast.com/ and also http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ those two websites will set you up with all the software you need to run an internet radio station and the best part its free....

But beware guys streaming music that isnt yours and has a copyright on it is illegal and you shouldnt do it to them as you wouldnt want it done to you.... :D