xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

easymod

But sometimes you have to do some things yourself because the script that wass given bu the .txt install file is not in the file or has a different spelling in a word or one space more. Then their will be an error. But those are small things that can be changed manualy. Mostly it is in template files.

yea.. i wish i knew how to install mod's, i cant find anyone to teach me. Noone wants to tach me or help me. So.. i think i could at least get someone to instal something for me for 3min. so.. i will see.

i dont recommend easymod, the time you save using it is more than lost going through and manually finding what it missed. to install a mod manually, open the install file, and using a text editor and ftp, just follow the instructions. i thought it waaas hard at first to, until i started opening the files, searching for the lines, and implementing the changes, its not as hard as it seems

Refer to phpbb.com or you can PM me if you need support..:PBtw I just install EasyMod and when I want to install a mod (eg:Mod_cp extension) but it doesn't appeared proceed button..??? Don't know why..:P

I made my very first mod a short while ago. Called "attach_mod". It gives a very fine file upload/download functionality in phpBB.It has two different methods of installation:a) The typical method, where you manually follow an install script.:D Finished modified files that simply are installed directly into a new (not modified) phpBB installation. Some of the files are new and some files from the original phpBB are overwritten. Plus some small manual tasks.The "a" method would take pretty long time to do, simply because there are so many modifications that must be done by hand.Since I actually had a fresh new phpBB installation, I chose the "b" method I did it in a half hour and PRESTO :idea: the system worked!But the "b" method will not do, if there are many different mods to be installed. Only the first mod can be done in this way (correct me if I'm wrong).davidw