Sign in to follow this  
Triple X

I.am.screwed. ;_;

My mom is going to put Norton on my comp,

Antvirus-fine

Firewall-fine

Privacy Control-fine

AntiSpam-fine

....Parental Control-NOT FINE!!! :D stupid parental controls *groans and mumbles*

I wasn't aware that Symantec had any parental-control products in their line.If those are your mom's wishes, then you'll just have to obide by them. "It's for your own good."

I wasn't aware that Symantec had any parental-control products in their line.
If those are your mom's wishes, then you'll just have to obide by them. "It's for your own good."

No duh I'll have to, I have no freaking choice.

No, its because she wants to control my life, what I see hear do ect. Plus it doesn't help that she's a christian, well I am too..I believe in the bible and what it says, but I don't follow gods "laws".

It takes to long an it isn't relye able.

so true...
lol sucks to be controled.. heres an idea go to .ini file in norton antivirus's folder and change the settings lol... if that doesnt work go to regedit search for registry and find the password your mom used and change the settings :D

It takes to long an it isn't relye able.

so true...
lol sucks to be controled.. heres an idea go to .ini file in norton antivirus's folder and change the settings lol... if that doesnt work go to regedit search for registry and find the password your mom used and change the settings :D
She hasn't put it on yet, she said she was going to when I went for a walk but didn't...but I will keep that in mind :D I should be able to figure out whatever password she uses though...unless she decides to make a new admin user and change me to limited.......ah wait *goes to turn the Admin account back on that only apears in Safe Mode* hehehehe, if she does I will go into SM, into that and do it.

They quite do have Parental Control products, but being the person I am, my mum doesn't make me use 'em. :D
Anywho, Norton PCs are so easy to bypass - I find more of a challenge removing filters off my school's network.

* - Note, I'm not going to tell you how as, Norton would probably get an update to it.. and we're all screwed.

They quite do have Parental Control products, but being the person I am, my mum doesn't make me use 'em. :D
Anywho, Norton PCs are so easy to bypass - I find more of a challenge removing filters off my school's network.

* - Note, I'm not going to tell you how as, Norton would probably get an update to it.. and we're all screwed.
Yeah, I'll be able to figure out how to, but it'll still be annoying and it might take a while.

It's not the end of the world, what's wrong with parental controls? You'll still be able to view websites etc... it's not like you're gonna be looking at the websites you're not supposed to be looking at anyway or doing the wrong thing on the comp :D

It's not the end of the world, what's wrong with parental controls? You'll still be able to view websites etc... it's not like you're gonna be looking at the websites you're not supposed to be looking at anyway or doing the wrong thing on the comp :D

....right, actualy I'll probably get blocked from allot of my fav sites, hell for all I know I could get blocked from Xisto or my own sub, my mom is a stuck up...anoyying....mentally ill *****. She'll probably set the settings or whatever so it blocks every little thing and finds "offensive" stuff on sites with nothing offensive at all, like say neopets, I've been blocked from neopets before(yes I sometimes go there.....sure me :D) on a comp with a parental control program which is bull****.

I would suggest password protecting your PC. It worked for me... noone can get on it now.

....right, actualy I'll probably get blocked from allot of my fav sites,

Uh huh, and I wonder what they were... :D:D

I would suggest password protecting your PC. It worked for me... noone can get on it now. 

....right, actualy I'll probably get blocked from allot of my fav sites,

Uh huh, and I wonder what they were... :D:D
:D gamefaqs, Xisto, neopets(<.< >.> *hides*) it all depends on if Norton is going to be a [female dog] and act like some parental control programs.