xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PSP over DX?

i dont like handhelds at all i'd prefer a console but if i had to have one i'd take the PSP since it has way more features than ds and its graphix are better than ds's although ds has a nice handheld brand name behind it , and sony is releasing its first.

The PSP is clearly a better system than the DS in the field of graphics and game play. It has 3D graphics engine with dynamic polygon capabilities and disks that can hold up to 1.8 GB (2.5x more than a CD). It will likely have a wide variety of excellent games previously seen only on television screens. However, the PSP will enter stores and hit the ground running at a sprint. Sony will exploit every drop of potential the PSP has from the very beginning, meaning game play will probably advance very little in the future.On the other hand...With a second (touchable) screen, compacting folding design, private messaging software, and voice recognition, I would deem the Nintendo Developer System superior to the Sony PlayStation Portable. It comes into stores utilizing only half its possible potential. I estimate that within the next 18 months, DS games will incorporate voice recognition, allowing a total of three input sources, as compared to the PSP's one.