xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

making my own projector?

has anyone tried it before. I am refering to the one where you taake the lcd off a screen and put a bright light behind it. Hows the quailty. Do you think its worth it?

me and my roommate at school right now are trying it out. we want to get all the parts before we order the lcd panel off ebay. i will fill u in when we are done....

Your lcd screen would have to have exceptionally high resolution to generate a good quality picture and the light projecting the image would have to be a cold cathode device to prevent boiling of the lcd

Your lcd screen would have to have exceptionally high resolution to generate a good quality picture and the light projecting the image would have to be a cold cathode device to prevent boiling of the lcd

Why? 1024x768 should be more than enough, shouldn't it?And as for the "bioling lcd", in that article they of course installed (at least one) fan to the whole thing...

Oh man, that THG article was awesome! You could make your own movie room on a budget! Just do it like at the theaters, where the viewers sit in one room, and the projector is in another room projecting the image through a glass window. I'd do it if I had the room. Thanks for the links Isidor!

yeah THG rules///I was just thinking of putting that up there but////already there/
about making own stuff....... well it can be a lot of fun....I personally enjoy building and assembling stuff///but I am an artist/// so... only natural for me.
also there was a link on THG(I think it was there) on how to make a CF mp3 player with a fm transsiever(the thing that broadcasts in fm/) and all that in a altoids box :)if someone interested: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Don't do it lol! My brother got one of those DIY kits of ebay and there so crap!You need to have such a powerful bulb to get the picture to project. And bulb life vs cost is expensive.