xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Help Frontpage to create floating text

I am trying to figure out how to get my text to "float and scroll" on the page and keep the back ground picture unmoved. I am using front page and wanted to know if someone could help me figure it out.

I found a site that has it if you don't know what I mean check it out.

http://www.golfholes.com/fl/amelia-island-golf.htm

I appreciate it.

try this :idea:

Use Cascading Style Sheets to create a floating text paragraph. First, add the <STLYE> attribute in the document's <HEAD> section:  <STYLE TYPE="text/css"> <!-- TEXTAREA { position:absolute; top:60; left: 25; width:200; height:100; font: 8ptVerdana; background:Ivory; margin:5px; border:none; } --> </STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>Now, add the content you want to display in the window:  <TEXTAREA WRAP="virtual"> Visit my new Web site at: https://www.1and1.com/website-builder Let us know what you think! </TEXTAREA> </BODY> </HTML>You now have a floating text paragraph complete with scroll bars
:idea:

I don't think those are what he's looking for. I don't know how to do it with Frontpage, but you're going to use CSS.
Put this line into your body definition:

background-attachment: fixed;

If you can't figure out where the style definition is in your document, then just add this line as an attribute to your body tag:
style="background-attachment: fixed;"

Single it works with Internet Explorer

Wrong. I'm using FF and it's working just fine. It's an HTML4 spec, so it works fine for all mozilla products.