xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

I NEED HELP

Good Day,this is my 2nd layout i change it because of some of the complains i really need your opinion can you please visit my site and answer these questions this is my first site i'm kinda new at this:1. is it too slow to load for ? 2. is it hard to navigate ?3. please give your comments and suggestionsthanks so much in advance may you be blessed for a lifetime Good day Good health & God bless !!!

http://blakadoodles.2itb.com/home.html is your site right?

1. Loading time is not bad on broadband, but then, the main image on your site appears to be 900KB on my browser (I may be wrong), which would take an age to load on dial-up.

2. Navigation is a bit of an annoyance having to click three buttons everytime you want to visit another page, and having a pop-up ad come up everytime you visit a page is another annoyance.

3. Macros are a bit unnecessary. Simple layout is effective though. Despite the annoying navigation, I think the navigation system is quite unique :), I've never seen it before...Get a image-editing program such as adobe photoshop to optimize your images to smaller file sizes.

thnks for your input1. 900 kb main image in your site, where is that ? yes that will be a wait in dial up.2. the navigation can be adjusted to one number per page but it will kinda lose the feeling of dialing in a way, but if there are a number of peeps who thinks its annoying i might decide to change it but for now i'll let them be. And yes the pop up can't do anytihg about that its a free host guess i have to live with that.3. MACROS sorry what is that ? All my software cd's are still in cargo when it comes i can polish the site.cheers dude so much appreciated bless you n' allGood day Good health God bless BLADECRAFT

The nav system is.... unique. Some peole might find it hard or annoying. It's certainly counterintuitive. You might want to give the users a choice somehow. Maybe put a link or something.

cheers thanks for the input !!!about the navigation its still being decidedthanks though for your time and effort do you like the pop ups they are cute right ? :) Good day Good health and God Bless Unimatroxo

I think the family-community album idea is very cool. You should consider a portal such as a wiki so that anyone from your community from around the world could easily add pages and images.
If you can get a free site here after the 5th, one of the options offered is TikiWiki. Check it out at
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here are some helpful links for design.
http://www.killersites.com/
http://www.webstyleguide.com/

Get Photoshop and do all the tutorials, especially for colour adjustment, sharpness and contrast, and web optimization.

Pay special attention to how your favorite magazines and cool advertising uses fonts. Use only two, max 3 for your whole site. Using less but in different weights for different purposes consistently.

Get photographs of home, especially beautiful landscapes and traditional sites and experiment with them.

Look at everything you find from searching Web Design Showcase in google.

Simpler is better. Try not to animate anything. If you must do it, make sure it is not making a viewer wait for information.

The dialer means 3 clicks to get a page instead of one. And you have to look up the number. Don't do it. One click to get a page. Two if it's in a directory and 3 clicks max for any page in your site.