xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Whats the Best portal

I have never heard of mamboBut even though it is still pretty much in development, Zentri is about themost SECURE portal going. Even more-so that platinum !!

I have tried phpnuke, xoops,manbo, and i am now using cpgnuke.For me cpgnuke is the faster secure em quick.

Yo can esly modify the phpnuke modules to cpgnuke.this site uses cpgnuke http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Cpgnuke is phpnuke highly alliterated. http://browsehappy.com/September 2004

No more support for "Coppermine for CMS": The support for "Coppermine for CMS" has been abandoned by the Coppermine nuke team because the underlying PHPnuke just is too buggy and insecure. They have moved on to start their own nuke clone CPG-Nuke - users of the nuked version are encouraged to visit their new site cpgnuke.com

I have always used phpnuke but I started with postnuke before that...quickly moved on of course...looked into mambo...didnt like the dance...yeah not really that funny tonight..sorry

L0lz :)I'm writing my own CMS/Portal system :).. And i think Mambo is an good one.I used it all the timeit is simply to use and to modify :)

well i think all of these portals are equally great, Don u all think so? its personal preference..... but for me i prefer PHP Nuke. its easier to use.

PHPNuke is the easiest to use, but it's also very insecure.  You should at leat apply the patches.  :)

nicely said CodeFX could not have said it better myself php-nuke is an awsome portal as long as you keep up with the patches god forbid someone tries to wreak havick on your portal :twisted: i might also add anyone useing php-nuke any version of this portal try installing Nuke-Sentinial highly recomened unless your useing php-nuke platinum right now i have both php-nuke portals installed