xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

THE HOLY BIBLE: most ancient and most modern--How Come?

I didnt say "cutting" why don't you read a little closer next time??And I say that because the Catholic Church is the original Christian Church. Peter was the first pope.

My point was on the "true, unedited" and on the"slightly modified", especially the first, as the Catholic Bible, though full of qualities, of course, isn't the only, correct and ultimate version. In fact, for that your already have the originals, written in hebraic. aramaic and koine greek.As the Catholic Church being the original one, think again, as it was created long after the death of Jesus and in fact is a mutation of the original christian arrangement.

My point was on the "true, unedited" and on the"slightly modified", especially the first, as the Catholic Bible, though full of qualities, of course, isn't the only, correct and ultimate version. In fact, for that your already have the originals, written in hebraic. aramaic and koine greek.
As the Catholic Church being the original one, think again, as it was created long after the death of Jesus and in fact is a mutation of the original christian arrangement.

Yes I agree your point to many extend though many more points could be added...

The Catholic Bible is not nessesarily the most accurate. I don't think that ANY version can claim this, as we don't technically have the original. I like to use a parralell Bible, that has KJV/NKJV/NIV/NLT across two pages! That way you can compare, and it helps you to understand!

The Catholic Bible is not nessesarily the most accurate. I don't think that ANY version can claim this, as we don't technically have the original. I like to use a parralell Bible, that has KJV/NKJV/NIV/NLT across two pages! That way you can compare, and it helps you to understand!

yes, what he meant is that it may not be easy to judge which one is the original... for me I use NIV & KJV (free of apocrypha) most of the time.. ...

It is true that we can only talk about almost "original" in front of critical editions of the remaining manuscripts, in the original languages. The evidence is quite overwhelming towards the belief that today we have a pretty accurate text, in hebraic, aramaic and greek, very close to what was written two thousand years ago. So good, faithful translations of the biblical canon are possible, and one can believe that it's reading a correct version of God's word. I use the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.