xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

question for admin

in january im going away for 7 months before coming home to uni where i could be active again - i dont know what internet accessibility i will have, but should be able to get to internet cafe's if i cant get online at home.what do you suggest i do about keeping active on this forum? - i mean, if you're going to want me to post as much as i am doing now then if i find out i wont have internet access at home then i might have to find another host for when i go and come back to you once im home again or something....so yeah a rough guide as to how active you would want me to be given the circumstances would be very useful to me..of course if i have internet access at home when i get there there shouldnt be a problem and i can continue frequenting this board..but i like to know where i stand just in case.thanksSimeon

in january im going away for 7 months before  coming home to uni where  i could be active again - i dont know what internet accessibility i will have, but should be able to get to internet cafe's if i cant get online at home.
what do you suggest i do about keeping active on this forum? - i mean, if you're going to want me to post as much as i am doing now then if i find out i wont have internet access at home then i might have to find another host for when i go and come back to you once im home again or something....so yeah a rough guide as to how active you would want me to be given the circumstances would be very useful to me..

of course if i have internet access at home when i get there there shouldnt be a problem and i can continue frequenting this board..but i like to know where i stand just in case.

thanks
Simeon

i cant answer your question... but i can comment some facts.

7moths???? wtf.. if u r away for that long i guess u wont need your host :/ (no updates and taking care of site.. ect..)
and when u get back u can ask for hosting again :) :)

Im not sure about this but i think just as long as you let the admins know (like you have) you should be fine.

if i where admin i wouldnt accept that!

that way every1 can say that they r going to vacation or to help poor ppl in africa for few months and they will b safe and not requied to b active on forums.. (if u dont have internet connection, why do u need hosting??.. got it?).. and if he can login from time to time then he can find 2mins to post in forums :)

i say, if some1 is going away for loger period of time he wont need his host and can require new1 when come back... dont forget that this is free hosting and forum activity is important in order to keep your account.. why it is important, ask admin.
but if some1 will b aways for like 3-4 days or similar.. then its ok :)

must say that this is my personal opinions and do not take them as real facts that FNH use. admin will tell u rules.. im just observing :P

yeah thats basically what i was thinking... im on a gap year and so im away between jan and august even if i only have access at an internet cafe i would be able to get back on sometimes...so it wouldnt be 7 months without ever coming... but i need to know how often i should think about that being, so that if im faced with that option i know if i need another host or not.- i wouldnt expect any admin to allow me to just leave for 7 months period.... so im planning to maintain activity if its possible, and if not then find a different host / come back when im back...but i just want to know how much activity you'd want from me given the circumstance, so that i know if it will be possible.If an admin wanted to PM me in order to keep the answer secret so that 'just everybody' cant use it as an excuse then thats fine...and if the answer is 'go find another host' thats fine too, though this place rocks.Thanks